Strings of information regarding comics were added back in Season 3 and while it seemed like a strange addition at the time, it's more logical now.
Marvel Comics will be available in Fortnite - here's what we know.
Comics will be added on the 27th August with the release of Chapter 2 Season 4.
How Does It Work?
Comics will be placed around the map that players can collect and read during normal gameplay.
These comics will be Marvel related.
Chapter 2 Season 4 Comics
@iFireMonkey has posted information regarding comics after new data was added to the game.
Here are some scripts relating to comics:
- Pages To Export
- Current Panel
- View Mode
- Comic Reader
- Loading Spinner
- Save Data: Last Page
- Comic Clickable Zone
- Comic Panel Unit/Transition Type
- Get Current Page Number
- Get Number of Panels on Page
- Get Total Page Number
- Set Current Page
- Get View Mode
- Next/Previous Page Buttons
- New page available!
- Turn Guided View On/Off
- THE AMAZING WIDGET #1
- To Be ?????????...
- Current Page # / Total Page #
The reliable dataminer also offered up an explanation of how these comics will work.
Hotfixed Comic Strings - credits:
- Marvel comic Writer - Donny Cates
- Marvel comic Colorist - Frank D'Armata
- Marvel comic Penciler - Greg Land
- Marvel comic Inker - Jay Leisten