A new patch update has come to Fortnite, patch v9.40 has finally arrived bringing new weapon variants with it. Season 10 and the Fortnite World Cup are fast approaching and this will make for an interesting inclusion.
New Legendary & Epic Tac Shotguns
"Get up close and personal with the new Epic and Legendary variants of the Tactical shotgun!"
This Tac Shotgun will appear in Fortnite in the form of Legendary and Epic variants, and also bolsters some solid damage statistic but much like the other variants of the tac shotgun it is unknown how consistent the weapon truley is
The full statistics can be seen below.
- 83 / 87 maximum damage.
- 1.5 shots per second.
- Holds 8 shells.
- Headshot multiplier of 2.25.
A new shotgun is always welcome in Fortnite as with four in the game currently it still seems impossible to just find one!
Notable Weapon Fixes
Some popular weapons also got some changes during Patch V9.40, the Semi-Auto Sniper got more "reduced zoom" while a fan favorite shotgun got a long distant nerf. The most notable changes and vaultings are down below but the full list can be found here.
- Reduced Headshot multiplier from 1.7 to 1.5.
- Reduced the long range effectiveness of the Combat Shotgun
Epic stated this reasoning behind the choice to nerf the Combat Shotgun's sniper-like range. "After observing recent changes to damage falloff, we decided to further reduce its long range effectiveness and alter the curve to fall a bit more in line with other shotguns but still retain its unique flavor."
- Suppressed Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle - Vaulted
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle - Unvaulted
Pivotal Bug Fixes
Some of Fortnite’s most game-breaking bugs were addressed in V9.40. Instead of adding another bug, which has been the case in the past, they’ve balanced the game further.
Some of the bug fixes are below, but a full list can be found here:
- The Chug Splash now properly auto-sorts to the rightmost inventory slot when picked up, like other consumables.
- Fixed an issue in which players would experience abnormally slow gliding after using a Rift-to-Go.
- To prevent players from exploiting the Deep Dab emote, it now has a delay before players are able to shoot after starting it.
One of the most notable changes Epic Games made was the deep dap exploit fix. As seen in this clip, players would be given an unfair advantage in some fights using the emote to the full exploit potential.
Epic Games has taken a new look into competitive Fortnite as of late. Ever since Nate Nanzer departed his role as commissioner of the Overwatch League to lead the competitive side of Fortnite, there has been a lot of optimism surrounded him and hoping he can solve all the issues with the game.
New Tournament: Xbox Cup (July 20th & 21st) [$1,000,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- Solo Game Mode
- This tournament is open to all players on Xbox One and does not require reaching any division in Arena.
New Tournament: Trios Cash Cup (July 21st) [$1,000,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- Participation in this event requires players to have reached Champion League in Arena play prior to the start of the event.
- Round One: All Eligible PlayersRound Two: Top 150 teams from Round One
Along with these added tournaments with a staggering prize pool, Epic Games has also added a feature to personalize your career profile with a flag of your choice!
- Players can now choose a flag to display on their career profile.
- This flag can be selected and changed from a player’s profile.
All photos via Epic Games
Written ByNick Farrell@NickFarrell91