Diablo 2 Resurrected is finally here, and with it, a myriad of quests, enemies, and challenges for you to discover (or re-discover!). Today we will talk about how to manage to play with friends, creating games for them to join you in this crusade against the demon hordes of hell.
How to play Multiplayer in Diablo 2 Resurrected?
- Choose your Online Character on the main menu.
- Click on the Lobby button.
- Next, click on “Create Game” in the menu.
- Type your Game Name, so others can look for it.
- You can type in a password to make it a Private session if you want.
- Once done, share your Game Name and Password with your friend to invite them, so they can find your game from “Join Game”.
- After they have joined, you can start playing together in your own Private or Public game.
And that's it! You can now invite people to play with you, or also join others in their adventures against Diablo and the rest of the Prime Evils! Keep in mind that, different than the old times, you have no LAN co-op multiplayer, you will only be able to play online multiplayer.
Is there crossplay in Diablo 2 Resurrected?
At the moment, there is no crossplay function in Diablo 2 Resurrected, you can only play with people who are also playing on your same platform. That being said, there is a cross-save function between platforms as long as you linked your Battle.net account, so you can keep progressing with your characters no matter the platform you're in, you just won't be able to play with friends in different platforms than yours.
And that’s everything you need to know about Multiplayer in Diablo 2 Resurrected! While you’re here, you can check our useful Druid and Assassin Build guides, or our Horadric Cube Recipes List guide. Good luck!