Welcome Guardians, if you're reading this chances are there's a brand new update in Destiny 2, but what’s actually changed? Do your weapons feel different? Has Stasis lost some of its effectiveness in PVP? Is Xur doing a merry little dance in the hanger? If you want to know exactly what the
Traveler developer has changed, you should probably have a read of the latest Destiny 2 patch notes.
As with all live service games, Destiny 2 is regularly updated by the dev team at Bungie. Sometimes it's a small hotfix to fix a quest, other times it's a case of tweaking drop rates and occasionally the game needs a drastic update to nerf Jotunn (OK, that last one is our wishful thinking).
Whatever the change, we’ll detail them all right here, from the tiny hotfixes to the mammoth-sized new season drops. Without further ado, here is the latest Destiny 2 patch notes:
15 October 2021 -
As per Bungie: "Earlier this week, we released Update 3.3.1 that included Festival of the Lost and a laundry list of additional changes to the game. We missed a few changes in the patch notes and wanted to set the record straight here."
We've updated our Patch Notes further down to reflect these latest additions.
12 October 2021 [6pm] -
Full patch notes for Destiny 2 Update 3.3.1 have now been confirmed by Bungie, keep scrolling for the full patch notes.
12 October 2021 [5.25pm] -
There's still no patch notes from Bungie, but we're hoping that they might release these when the Destiny 2 maintenance concludes at 6pm BST. More to follow...
12 October 2021 -
The new Destiny 2 Update for Patch 3.3.1 is coming today, October 12.
At 9 AM PDT (UK Time - 1600 UTC), Destiny 2 will undergo maintenance for Update 3.3.1. Players will be removed from activities at 9:45 AM (1645 UTC) and be unable to log in until 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC).
Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude at 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC).
Console players who encounter issues updating to Update 3.3.1 should restart their console and try downloading the update.
7 October 2021 -
Alongside the Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2021 event coming on 12 October, Bungie will also deploy a brand new update.
According to Bungie, Destiny 2 Update 3.3.1. will contain a collection of bug fixes and some quality of life items.
Destiny 2 Update 3.3.1 Patch Notes
The full list of patch notes have now been shared by Bungie and can be viewed just below:
Destiny 2 | Update 3.3.1 Patch Notes
[The below patch notes in italics were revealed on the October 14 This Week at Bungie blogpost, and accidentally omitted in the original 3.3.1 patch notes]
- Fixed an issue with Hawkmoon's Paracausal Shot not getting bonus damage.
- Note that the temporary fix for this means that you will once again lose the buff if you pull out your Ghost on the final round. This will be fixed in a future update.
- Fixed an issue where the Firing Line perk was not giving the intended 20% damage buff.
- Fixed an issue with the new Monte Carlo ornament Western Front causing the weapon to have increased recoil.
- Fixed the Eriana's Vow ornament Bound by Oath so that it shows the First Glance perk status correctly.
- Bottom-tree Dawnblade
- Igniting Touch
- Fixed an issue where all Igniting Touch detonations counted as melee damage.
- Reduced the knockback buff from the "Sedia's Durance" activity modifier on Nightfall difficulty from +40% knockback to +20% knockback, which may help a few of you complete Grandmaster difficulty.
- Removed an Unstoppable Phalanx Champion from the Ransack Ogre encounter.
- During the Ransack Ogre encounter, an Unstoppable Phalanx Champion would spawn in the Ascendant Plane when the Ogre boss reached 50% health.
- That Champion was easy to miss, and you couldn't backtrack there to defeat it once you killed the Ogre.
- After this Champion ruined hundreds of Platinum completion attempts, we’ve snapped it out of existence.
- It’s gone.
- It will never see the light of day again.
- That’s what it deserves.
- Fixed an issue that blocked completion of The Corrupted Nightfall scoring Triumph.
- Fixed an issue where a wall of Taken miasma could appear in a doorway in Rheasilvia during Freeroam, when it shouldn't be there.
- Currency rewards lockout at three, five, and seven wins no longer clear on ticket resets.
- Added a playlist tooltip to indicate that Cross Play must be enabled to access Trials.
- Trials passages only display warning message if the player account owns a ticket.
- Removed Anomaly and The Dead Cliffs from Momentum Control rotator.
- Note: We're looking at map offerings in all 6v6 playlists, and are expecting some changes in a future update.
- Added more granularity options to the text chat profanity filter setting.
- Updated the sign on experience to show a single toast after character select if you have one or more pending Bungie Friend requests, instead of a unique toast for every pending request.
- The experience when receiving a new Bungie Friend request while playing the game has not changed.
- Known Issue: This notification toast may appear blank for some players, but no invites are affected. This issue is already being investigated.
- Player Search UI now has audio feedback.
- Reverted a change to the text chat auto-hide default value that launched with Season 15.
- The default value is once again On.
- Fixed an issue where the text chat auto-hide setting could revert to the Season 15 default value of Off under various conditions.
- Fixed an issue where voice chat settings would not consistently appear on non-PC platforms.
- Fixed an issue where booting a fireteam member sometimes left a blank entry in the Roster or Fireteam UI.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 where some header text on the Manage Invites tab of the Roster would sometimes scale down more than expected.
- Fixed an issue where online Roster contacts were not sorting alphabetically for Friends and Clanmates.
- Fixed an issue where blocking a player through a fireteam invite did not hide interaction options that are expected to fail when interacting with a blocked player.
- Fixed an issue where red notification text would sometimes be missing when attempting to invite a player to your fireteam if their privacy settings would not allow them to join.
- Fixed an issue affecting multiple Collections and Triumphs screens where entering a sub-screen or changing tabs on a screen would cause UI to show the default tab on the parent screen.
- This fix also improves consistency when looking through tabs inside Collections category sub-screens.
INVESTMENT AND ABILITIES
- Horror's Least Pulse Rifle no longer drops at zero power.
- Increased drop chance for an Adept Nightfall weapon from a Platinum Grandmaster Nightfall to 100%.
- Fixed an issue where Overflow and Shoot to Loot perks could double magazine sizes on some weapon archetypes.
- Note: We have identified an issue where the Demolitionist perk no longer refills ammo when casting a grenade, and are looking to resolve this in Hotfix 220.127.116.11.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to use Glacial Quake's light attack or activate sprint after a Glacial Quake heavy attack.
- Previews are now enabled for gear that can be focused on Saint-14.
- Players who reset any of their ritual reputations (Crucible, Gambit, or Vanguard) a second time without collecting the Ritual Reputation Ornament can now claim the ornament from the respective vendor.
- Vanguard Tokens and Sunset Destination Material Tokens (Io, Mars, Titan, Mercury) that remain in players inventories have had their descriptions updated to indicate that they have no value and can be safely dismantled.
Destiny 2 Known Issues
Although Bungie is set to deploy a brand new update for the game, there are a few known issues which won't be fixed in time. You can see some of these issues, as confirmed by Bungie, just below:
- We’re aware of player reports claiming that Nothing Manacles isn’t working as intended. This is under investigation.
- If players abandon Wayfinder's Voyage on step 19/53, they are unable to complete it when they reacquire it.
- Players may have to wait in the H.E.L.M. for a long period of times for lore to unlock after listening to radio messages.
- Step 42 of 53 for the Wayfinder's Voyage quest tells some players in non-English regions to purchase the wrong unlock in the Wayfinder's Compass. Players should purchase the Astral Attunement upgrade to advance this quest step, which is located on the bottom row on the far-right of the screen.
- Focusing certain attributes may not work if certain Ghost attribute mods are equipped.
- The Prophecy Dungeon's Cottontail Shell's ears no longer display color.
- Only four daily bounties appear in Spider's inventory but the quest step during the Forsaken campaign requires five bounties.
- Certain ability combinations can cause a Bow to become invisible in a player's hands. Firing the Bow will resolve this issue.