Destiny 2 has a loot problem right now, and Bungie is looking to add some more weapons into the reward table with Season 13.
The prospect of giving gear a limited shelf-life has drawn criticism from fans (and this very site), but Bungie will be re-adding weapons with the higher infusion cap with the new season.
Destiny 2: Bungie Confirms Loot And Token Changes Following Fan Feedback
In a new This Week At Bungie blog post, Rewards Area Lead Justin Dazet explained what players can expect for the upcoming season:
- Reissued Dreaming City Reverie Dawn and Moon Dreambane armor.
- These will also drop with high stats when earned in Shattered Throne or Pit of Heresy.
- The final chest in Pit of Heresy will no longer drop a fully Masterworked Dreambane armor piece.
- Instead, the Dreambane armor piece that drops will have 7 armor energy and is guaranteed to drop with at least a +16 in two different stats and higher stats overall.
- Dreambane class items will not drop from this chest.
- Reissued 4 weapons for Dreaming City with new Perk Pools.
- Waking Vigil, Sleepless, Vouchsafe, and Retold Tale.
- Dreaming City weapons that drop in the Shattered Throne dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
- Reissued 4 weapons for the Moon with new Perk Pools.
- Premonition (Pit of Heresy only), Heretic, Blasphemer, and Apostate.
- Weapons that drop in the Pit of Heresy dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
- Expanding Lost Sector Legend and Master rotation to 4 Moon Sectors.
- K1 Logistics, K1 Communication, K1 Crew Quarters, and K1 Revelation.
The idea behind the changes is to "help preserve the relevancy of the destinations", according to Dazet.
"To get more specific around the actual experience, activities where re-issues are acquired will be heavily weighted towards rewarding re-issued gear over capped gear -- though the exact weighting and mechanisms may differ".
Bungie has also confirmed that vendors will now offer Ritual Weapons within their inventories for Strikes, Gambit and Crucible.
Players can pick up reputation rewards, with the likes of upgrade modules and Ascendant Shards or Exotic Engrams available for ranking up.
That means Tokens will no longer be required, so they'll be deleted at the start of Season 13 – so turn them in!