The Pig aka Amanda Young is yet another legend of horror added to Dead by Daylight. She is the very first licensed, female Killer to be added to the roster too, and still holds that crown even today. No other licensed female Killer has been added as of now.
Introduced alongside Survivor Detective Tapp, The Pig is a Killer that’s specialty is largely focused on RNG. Because of this, her slow-down Power may not be as effective as you want it to be. However, that doesn’t deny her of being a fun Killer to play.
Read more: Dead By Daylight Chapter 20: Resident Evil, Leaks And Everything We Know So Far
In this guide, we’ll explain how The Pig can be an effective Killer by explaining her perks, power, add-ons, as well as some essential tips and tricks.
Dead By Daylight The Pig Killer Guide: Perks
The Pig has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
- Hangman’s Trick - Gain a loud Notification Noise whenever a Survivor begins Sabotaging a Hook. When you pick up a Survivor, you see the Aura of Survivors within 2/4/6 metres of any Hook on the map.
- Surveillance - Generators that start to Regress in progress are highlighted in a white Aura. If that Generator starts being worked on, the Aura will turn Yellow for 8/12/16 seconds. The noise of Generators being worked on will reach a further 8 metres.
- Make Your Choice - Each time a Survivor is rescued from a Hook that you’re at least 32 metres away from, the perk activates and the rescuer is given the Exposed status effect for the next 40/50/60 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 40/50/60 seconds.
Dead By Daylight The Pig Killer Guide: Power
Dead By Daylight The Pig Killer Guide: Power
The Pig’s power is called Jigsaw’s Baptism.
The Pig’s power gives her three special abilities: Reverse Bear Traps, Crouch, and Ambush. Each help The Pig apply pressure to the Survivors, albeit all in unique ways.
The Pig starts the Trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps which can only be put on Survivors who are in the Dying State. These traps remain inactive until a Generator is completed - then the timer starts and Survivors have 180 seconds (unless add-ons are used) to get rid of the now-active Reverse Bear Traps on their head via Jigsaw Boxes that are scattered along the map. When a Survivor is in a Chase with The Pig or in the Dying State, the Reverse Bear Trap timer pauses.
If the Survivor does not get their Active Reverse Bear Trap off in time, or they try to leave through an Exit Gate with it on, the trap will activate and kill them instantly. Survivors who do not have an Active trap can leave without any trouble.
The Pig’s Crouch ability works well with players who like to play it cool and sneak up on their prey. When The Pig is in Crouch mode, she gains the Undetectable status effect though her Movement Speed is tremendously slowed down to 3.6m/s. Crouch also links to The Pig’s other ability, Ambush. Once crouched, The Pig can Ambush Survivors, letting out a roar and dashing at an increased speed of 6.9m/s to attack a Survivor.
Dead By Daylight The Pig Killer Guide: Best Add-Ons
The Pig is a Killer that may not be highly mobile, but (in theory) is great at slowing down the game via her Reverse Bear Traps. The more you’re able to down Survivors and make it harder for them to take the traps off, the better the add-on is for you.
- Last Will - Increases your Reverse Bear Traps by 1. As the great lord Jigsaw once said: you can truly never have enough Reverse Bear Traps in your life - especially if the RNG gods screw you over.
- Video Tape - This decreases your Ambush charge time, as well as reduces the cooldown of the recovery period. This is excellent for The Pig players out there who mostly use their Ambush attacks to get the drop on Survivors as much as they possibly can.
- Crate of Gears - An add-on that considerably increases the search time of Jigsaw Boxes as well as moderately reduces the Setting time of the Reverse Bear Traps. This puts some incredible pressure on Survivors to get the Reverse Bear Traps off, something which you can take advantage of.
- Amanda’s Letter - Far from being The Pig’s strongest add-on, nevertheless, Amanda’s Letter is great on indoor maps when you just want to play The Pig as a stealth killer with no real need for her traps - especially as you only get one Reverse Bear Trap using this add-on. It’s not all that strong, but incredibly fun if you want to jump-scare Survivors.
Dead By Daylight The Pig Killer Guide: Tips and Tricks
- If you’re on a fairly small to medium loop with a Survivor that has them waiting at a Pallet, use your Ambush attack and fake going one day, then go back the other way. You’ll either get the Survivor on the wrong side of the Pallet, or you’ll cut them going across it.
- Don’t ALWAYS crouch. Your movement speed is tremendously slowed and you should only crouch when you’re certain that Survivors are in that general area and you want to give them the surprise of their life.
- Save one of your Reverse Bear Traps for the endgame. If you use all of your traps at once, then Survivors will just get them off and continue on with the game and you’ll lose your map pressure.
- The Pig is a versatile Killer and can work with most builds in a way that other Killers rarely do. Don’t be afraid to try out Perks that you really want to give a try, because The Pig comes with an average Movement Speed, a built-in slow down in her arsenal and she can be stealthy, too.
- If you’re finding it hard to sneak up on Survivors, it’s highly likely that one of them has Spine Chill - a perk that lights up whenever the Killer looks in the general direction of the Survivor. To avoid this, try to look slightly to the right or left when going to your destination so you can catch Survivors off guard.
- Don’t tunnel the Survivor with an active Reverse Bear Trap on his head - it defeats the entire point of The Pig’s power and while it can be useful to chase Survivors off Jigsaw Boxes, dedicating to them in a Chase is silly and pointless.