Ghost Face was added to Dead by Daylight in June 2019. The Ghost Face is a figure that’s widely recognizable for any horror fans out there, but this Killer is unique in comparison to the renditions in the Scream films.
Due to The Ghost Face being a different character from the films, we’ll be referring to this Killer by his in-game title. But what makes The Ghost Face an effective Killer? We’ve put together an incredibly handy guide to teach you more about his perks, powers, add-ons, as well as some tips and tricks to make him slash the competition to ribbons.
To get a feel for the other killers, check out our best Michael Myers build guide, as well as an overall Dead By Daylight killers tier list. We've also got the latest Dead By Daylight codes for a couple of extra freebies.
Ghost Face Perks In Dead By Daylight
The Ghost Face has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
- I’m All Ears - A Survivor performing a Rushed Action within 48 metres of your location has their Aura revealed for 6 seconds. The cooldown for the perk is 60/50/40 seconds.
- Thrilling Tremors - After picking up a downed Survivor, all Generators not being worked on will be blocked by the Entity for 16 seconds. Auras of blocked Generators are highlighted in white. The cooldown for the perk is 100/80/60 seconds.
- Furtive Chase - Every time you hook your Obsession, you gain 1 Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4. When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from the Hook, that Survivor becomes the new Obsession. You lose all Tokens once the Obsession is Sacrificed or Killed.
What Is The Best Build & Perks For Ghost Face?
We would go with the following perks for the Best possible Ghost Face Build:
Corrupt Intervention (The Plague Perk)
- At the start of the Trial, the 3 Generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for several seconds.
BBQ & Chili (The Cannibal Perk)
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability. After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 40 metres from the Hook. Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a stack-able 25 % bonus to all Bloodpoint gains, up to a maximum of several percent.
Hex Ruin (The Hag Perk)
- A Hex that affects all Survivor's Generator Repair progress. All Generators automatically regress at percentage of the normal Regression speed whenever they are not being repaired. The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
Infectious Fright (The Plague Perk)
- Whenever a Survivor is put into the Dying State by any means, all other Survivors within your Terror Radius will scream and reveal their current location to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
Dead By Daylight Ghost Face Powers
The Ghost Face’s power is called Night Shroud.
When the Night Shroud is activated via the power button, The Ghost Face gains the Undetectable status effect. This allows you to move through the map, undetected and with no Terror Radius. Because of this, you’re able to sneak up on suspecting Survivors and use your other abilities: Stalk and Crouch.
The Ghost Face uses Stalk to grow in power and then, after fully filling the Stalk meter (which is easier to do if you lean and Stalk), marks the Survivor. This makes them Exposed - meaning you can hit them one and put them into the Dying State. You’re unable to Stalk until you’re using your Night Shroud ability.
The Crouch ability makes sneaking up on Survivors much easier, though much like The Pig, the use of Crouch decreases The Ghost Face’s Movement Speed to 3.6m/s.
However, there are still ways to be broken out of your Night Shroud. If you use your Basic Attack then the Night Shroud is immediately broken, but if Survivors reveal you by looking at you directly then you also lose your power.
Dead By Daylight Ghost Face Best Add-Ons
The Ghost Face works best with add-ons that increase his Night Shroud recovery time, as well as increase the speed of his Stalk meter - whether that be by leaning and stalking or just stalking from afar. Anything that lets The Ghost Face do either of these things are powerful and should generally be added to your build.
- Chewed Pen - This add-on increases the recovery time of your Night Shroud. The more you’re able to lose your Terror Radius and sneak up on Survivors, the better chance you have to Mark them and get them down in one single hit.
- Olsen’s Wallet - This considerably increases your Movement Speed while Stalking, effective for allowing you to get up and close to Survivors and getting that one-shot down. This add-on is even better when you pair it up with an add-on that increases the speed of Stalk gained.
- Driver’s License - Considerably decreases the Detection range to reveal The Ghost Face. This allows you more of a chance to get your Stalk meter full before any nosey Survivors out there reveal you. It isn’t the strongest add-on by any means, but it’s something to consider for new players.
- Ghost Face Caught on Tape - This is an add-on that tremendously reduces your Stalk meter when leaning from cover, but also tremendously increases your Stalk meter when not leaning from cover. If you prefer to just Stalk with no real leaning involved, this The Ghost Face add-on is going to be great for you.
Dead By Daylight Ghost Face Tips and Tricks
- Leaning and stalking will make you Stalk Survivors a lot faster than if you stalk while simply standing or crouching out in the open. The faster you stalk, the less time Survivors have to break you out of your Night Shroud.
- Don’t Stalk Survivors from a huge distance. While it can be helpful to Stalk them to a certain point (99% of Stalk), if you Mark them from far away they’ll know that you’re coming to get them and can make a huge amount of distance. It’s always best to be moderate with stalking distance.
- If possible, 99% Survivors Stalk meters and if you’re certain that you can’t down them now because they aren’t in a good place (aka a very strong loop or Pallet) then don’t Mark them. Instead, wait for a more opportune moment.
- This may sound obvious, but don’t bother Stalking Survivors that are already injured if you can just go up to them and slash at them with a Basic Attack. Stalking them just wastes precious time and is ultimately only helpful if you, again, use it just to 99% them.
- Activating your Night Shroud while in Chase can be effective in confusing the Survivor you’re after because of your lack of a Terror Radius as well as your Red Stain. This can give you the advantage in a Chase if you use it right, but remember that smart Survivors might not be at all fooled.
- Like all Stealth Killers, look a little away from the Generator you’re sneaking up on, just in case the Survivors have Spine Chill and move off the Generator before you can get a hit on them.
That's all you need to know about the best The Ghost Face builds in Dead by Daylight. Be sure to check back regularly to see how your build could be improved. In the meantime, check out the killers we wish to see in Dead by Daylight soon, or some games like DBD for when you need a break.