After disappearing for several months, the popular Iron Trials mode is returning to Warzone, much to the delight of players looking for a more competitive iteration of the battle royale. Rather than using Caldera as the map, Raven Software has opted to use Rebirth Island as the preferred battlefield as a change of pace.
Rebirth Iron Trials becomes the second mode to arrive in Season 2, joining the Caldera Clash LTM that gained a wealth of popularity leading players calling for its permanent addition.
This particular mode is a vast difference from standard battle royale. Featuring numerous tweaks to base health alongside the restrictions of Dead Silence and Stopping Power Rounds, Iron Trials also contains a dedicated set of weapon tuning that nerfs sniper rifles at longer distances. With that said, find everything there is to know about Rebirth Iron Trials in this guide!
When Is Rebirth Iron Trials In Warzone?
The mode will appear in Warzone on March 3, 2022. Developed by Beenox, Rebirth Iron Trials has been created for "highly competitive players" looking to get their hands on some exclusive rewards.
Warzone Rebirth Iron Trials Rules
Compared to standard BR, there are numerous rule changes that have been altered to guarantee a competitive experience. Everything from faster circle collapses to cash spawns is tweaked, changing the pace and encouraging a more tactical style of play. Check out the full list of rules and restrictions below.
- Base Health: Compared to a normal match, all players’ base health is increased from 100 to 250.
- Health Regeneration: The Regen Delay timer has been increased from 5 to 7 seconds, and Regen Per Second has been decreased from 120 per second to 40. It may be wise for players to reconsider preferred Perks and Equipment.
- Starting Equipment: Players drop in with a Top Break Pistol and Sawtooth (both from Call of Duty®: Vanguard).
- Match Duration and Circle Collapse: Round Timers have been adjusted to reflect the scale of the Rebirth Island map and have been increased for the pacing of the game.
- Loadouts: No free Loadout Drops. Those who want to use their custom-built weaponry and gain access to Perks will need to purchase one at a premium.
- Vehicles: Only ATVs are available.
- Buy Stations: Elite Operators are known to be high rollers. The Buy Station increased their prices accordingly:
- Armor Bundle: $1,500 to $2,000
- Gas Mask: $3,000 to $4,000
- Cluster Strike: $3,000 to $4,000
- Precision Strike: $3,500 to $4,500
- Self-Revive: $4,000 to $5,000
- UAV: $4,000 to $6,000
- Loadout Drop Marker: $7,500 to $10,000
- Specialist Token: $30,000
- Cash: The amount of Cash retained on death has been increased from 20% to 30%. Players will keep more of their hard-earned Cash.
- Melee: Melee Finisher Damage has been removed. Settle the score with lead.
- Loot: The item pool for Supply Boxes and items found on the ground have been significantly altered from that seen in standard play.
- Basic Attachments: Common weapons will start with an attachment — mostly to provide their max magazine size.
- Rarity Spawn Rates: Epic and Legendary weapons are now harder to find. Players will have to open a few more boxes than usual to find what they’re looking for.
- Killstreaks: Drop rates have been reduced. Time to stop spamming UAVs and start putting those senses to the test.
- Cash Spawns: Larger piles of cash are rarer. Players will have to stay on top of scavenging for cash if they plan to afford a Loadout.
- Field Upgrades: No Dead Silence. No Stopping Power Rounds.
Sniper Rifles: A single headshot from a Sniper Rifle will only down an enemy if they are within 30 meters. This gives time for those on the receiving end of a longshot to react — the most elite snipers will be able to adjust their strategies accordingly and still dish out lethal damage at long range with precise follow-up shots.
- Stun Grenades: The stun effect duration is decreased by 50%.
- Medical Syringes: The regeneration rate is decreased by 50%. Upon taking non-Incendiary, direct damage from another Player (Tactical Equipment splash damage does not count), the Medical Syringe’s increased health regeneration effects will be canceled, and standard health regeneration will begin–which can be interrupted by any source of damage. Additionally, the movement speed bonus gained when using a Medical Syringe has been decreased from 8% to 3%.
- Loadouts: No akimbo. No semi-auto or fully auto Shotguns. Limited selection of Tactical Equipment. It’s down to the bare essentials and the will to win.
- Redeployment: If players happen to survive their Gulag match, they’ll redeploy with whatever equipment is left over from that fight. Be mindful of those resources.
Warzone Rebirth Iron Trials Rewards
For those that manage to become the last duo standing, there's an exclusive Calling Card available to unlock. Beenox says "there's no participation trophy for this mode," implying that the victors are the only ones to receive the spoils.