Scoring a selection of Modern Warfare 2 killstreaks is hugely satisfying. Dominating the opposition also results in you earning Killstreaks capable of supporting your teammates or dealing even more damage to the opposition. Previous titles include a pack of attack dogs to a Tactical Nuke that immediately ends the match.
Modern Warfare 2 contains an extensive range of game-changing streaks to suit any style of play. Whether you want to support your squad or score as many kills as possible, there's something for everyone.
Before we take a closer look at the Modern Warfare 2 killstreaks, check out our other guides showcasing the best Modern Warfare 2 loadouts and all there is to know about the best Modern Warfare 2 perks to use.
What are the best Modern Warfare 2 killstreaks?
|Counter UAV||4 Kills|
|Cruise Missile||6 Kills|
|Chopper Gunner||10 Kills|
This particular killstreak combination is perfect for dealing plenty of damage over the course of a match. It's extremely easy to score plenty of additional kills guaranteeing your place at the top of the scoreboard.
Modern Warfare 2 killstreaks
Thanks to the Modern Warfare 2 beta, we know that an extensive range of killstreaks is making its way into Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. Here's a full list and the number of eliminations you need to earn them:
- UAV (4 kills/500 score)
- Bomb Drone (4 kills/500 score)
- Counter UAV (5 kills/625 score)
- Cluster Mine (5 kills/625 score)
- Care Package (5 kills/625 score)
- Precision Airstrike (6 kills/750 score)
- Cruise Missile (6 kills/750 score)
- Mortar Strike (6 kills/750 score)
- Sentry Gun (7 kills/875 score)
- S.A.E (7 kills/875 score)
- VTOL Jet (8 kills/1000 score)
- Overwatch Helo (8 kills/1000 score)
- Wheelson-HS (8 kills/1000 score)
- Stealth Bomber (10 kills/1250 score)
- Chopper Gunner (10 kills/1250 score)
- Emergency Airdrop (10 kills/1250 score)
- Gunship (12 kills/1500 score)
- Advanced UAV (12 kills/1500 score)
- Juggernaut (15 kills/1875 score)
As with previous titles, there's a chance Infinity Ward adds more killstreaks to Modern Warfare 2 through seasonal updates. Once we hear more intel, we will update the guide with the latest information.
Does Modern Warfare 2 have a Tactical Nuke?
According to players starting to load into the action there is a killstreak that's equivalent to the legendary Tactical Nuke. Known as the MGB (Mass Guided Bomb), players need to score 25 kills in a row to call one in. It also brings the game to an early end.