Season One for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is in full swing.
While players are already griding through the Battle Pass and completing challenges, it can be difficult to find the optimal settings for those booting up the game for the first time on PC.
With a variety of settings to modify, it can be confusing when trying to improve the overall performance of the game.
In this guide, find the best audio, graphics and controller settings to use.
Best Graphics Settings
One of the biggest reasons why you might not be getting optimal FPS is probably due to the fact you have all of the shadow effects on high or ultra.
Both 'Shadow Quality' and 'Special Effect Shadows' should be turned down to their lowest setting, as they serve no real purpose.
Increasing your FOV to the max of 120 will lower your FPS a decent bit, as there will be more to render on the screen.
Finding that optimal range between 100-120 is going to benefit you massively!
Depending on the GPU you have, you should lower most of the texture quality settings to either medium or low!
For more detailed settings, here are the exact graphics settings we recommend:
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Refresh Rate: Set to your monitor's
- highest refresh rate
- Gameplay V-Sync: Off
- Menu V-Sync: Off
- Render Resolution: 1920x1080
- Aspect Ratio: Automatic
- Field of View: 100
- ADS Field of View: Affected
- Brightness: 60
- Framerate Limit: Your monitor's refresh rate
- Texture Quality: High
- Texture Filtering Quality: High
- Model Quality: High
- Special Effects Quality: Medium
- Screen Space Reflections: Disabled
- Object View Distance: Medium
- Volumetric Lighting: Medium
- Shadow Quality: Low
- Dynamic Shadows: Self Only
- Special Effect Shadows: Disabled
- Weapon Shadow: Disabled
- Anti-Aliasing Quality: High
- Motion Blur: Disabled
- Weapon Motion Blur: Disabled
- Subsurface Scattering: Enabled
- Order Independent Transparency: High
Best Audio Settings
Finding the perfect audio settings can give you a huge advantage over the oppositon.
With the right settings, you will be able to hear everything from the footsteps of an opponent trying to sneak up behind you to an incoming cruise missile.
Here are our recommended settings:
- Mute Sound: Not Muted
- Master Volume: 100
- Music Volume: 35
- Sound Effects Volume: 100
- Dialogue Volume: 100
- Cinematics Volume: 100
- Audio Presets: Treyarch Mix
- Hit Markers Sound Effect: Enabled
Best Controller Settings
Although you're playing Black Ops Cold War on PC, it's a much better playing experience when you use a controller.
With several sensitivity options and settings to suit your personal preferences, it can be difficult to find the perfect settings that are right for you.
Here are the settings we recommend:
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 5
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 5
- ADS Stick Sensitivity (Low Zoom): 1.2
- ADS Stick Sensitivity (High Zoom) 1.0
- Button Layout: Default
- Flip L2+R2 with L1+R1/LT+RT with
- LB+RB: Default
- Invert Vertical Look: Disabled
- Controller Vibration: Disabled
- Stick Layout: Default
- Left Stick Min Input Threshold: 5
- Left Stick Max Input Threshold: 100
- Right Stick Min Input Threshold: 4
- Right Stick Max Input Threshold: 100
- Controller Sounds: Disabled
- Auto Move Forward: Disabled
- Auto Sprint: Enabled
- Sprint Behaviour: Go To
- Sprint Cancels Reload: Enabled
- Equipment Behaviour: Hold
It's important to remember that these settings will not suit every single player. Before hopping into a multiplayer match, head into a private match against some bots in order to fine-tune your settings.