The Wrath of the Druids DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla contains several powerful new warriors for players to pit their might against, a pair of Drengir who fought under the legendary viking Thorgest. We’ll show you where to find the Drengir and how to beat their boss fights, as well as how to get the Dublin Champion Armour as a result.
Read More: All Ireland Order Assassination Targets
Thorgest’s Drengir Warrior Location in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Wrath of the Druids DLC
There are two of Thorgest’s Drengir to be found in the new Wrath of the Druids DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, each one of which has a boss fight attached. We’ll show you where to find them both below, as well as how to beat them.
First Drengir Location and Boss Fight: Blud the Giant
You can find Blud the Giant at the Northern Coast of Ulster, just West of Dunseverick Fortress. Look for a stony beach at the bottom of the cliffs, with a blue mystery icon on the map to show where to go exactly. Blud is waiting at the bottom, menacing a skull until you talk with her. Once you do, there’ll be an option to start the boss fight.
How to Beat the Blud the Giant Boss Fight
- Blud doesn’t have too many tricks, a standard (albeit powerful) melee fighter who uses big, slow swings with two large weapons.
- Her attacks are best avoided with dodging rather than parries, which can be difficult to pull off. Stay evasive for the best chance.
- She has arrow vulnerabilities on her arm, shoulder and knee. A light bow or slow-time ability will allow you to pick them off fast.
- Grapple attacks like the Vikingr Salute are really good here, as she can’t block them and her slow attacks mean she’s unlikely to dodge.
- At below half health, she can heal herself quickly, though not for much. If you see white runes around her, attack fast to try and interrupt the move.
Once you beat her, Blud will tell you of another Drengir warrior somewhere in Ireland, but she doesn't know where they are. Don’t worry, we’ll show you where to find them below.
Second Drengir Location and Boss Fight: Hogne the Sea-Tossed
Hogne is as powerful as Blud is, and you can find him on the small island in the bay to the North-West of Port Auley, in Northern Connacht. Hogne is waiting on a camp at the top of the island, and you can prompt the second boss fight by talking to him.
How to Beat the Hogne the Sea-Tossed Boss Fight
- Hogne has the opposite battle strategy to Blud, using a pair of sickles in fast, rapid combos.
- His attacks are harder to avoid, but easier to parry, and can stun him for a quick rebuttal attack. Shields are very useful here.
- Like Blud, he has the same three vulnerability points, and you can use a light bow most easily to pick them off.
- Hogne is more aggressive, you’ll need to deflect or pick your moment carefully to avoid getting caught in an attack.
- Again, Grapple attacks are very good at breaking through his defenses for high damage.
Once defeated, Hogne will admit the location of the legendary Thorgest’s Shield, allowing you to claim it for yourself and add it to your inventory.
Thorgest’s Shield Location
Thorgest’s Shield is on the tiny island in the lake South of the town Inch Lough Neagh. Swim or sail to the island, and there’ll be a skeleton in the water on the North side. Loot it to claim Thorgest’s Shield, a powerful light shield (Wolf Equipment) that boosts speed when Eivor is at or near full health.
How to Get the Dublin Champion Armour
By beating the two Drengir you’ll also get two pieces of the Dublin Armour Set, the main torso armour from Blud and the breeches from Hogne. These are only two pieces though, but we’ve laid out how to get the full set at our Ireland armour guide here. Alternatively, if you’re looking for powerful foes to test your mettle against, find out the location of the most powerful beast in Ireland here.