The new Wrath of the Druids DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla contains a bunch of new enemies, including a new legendary animal - the giant Black Stout boar hiding in Ireland. We’ll show you Black Stout’s location and how to beat this boss fight, as well as what rewards you’ll get for doing so.
Read More: All Ireland Order Assassination Targets
Legendary Boar Black Stout Location in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Wrath of the Druids DLC
To find the location of the legendary boar Black Stout in the Wrath of the Druids DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, players need to head to the most North-Easterly point of Connacht, just at the shared border with Ulster and Meath (we’ve marked it for you below). There’s an abandoned military camp there called Black Pig’s Dyke. It’s surrounded by unclimbable walls, but there’s an entrance on the East side which will funnel you into an encounter with a giant boar named Black Stout, with what are unreasonably large tusks. Now you’ve found it, you need to know how to beat it.
Legendary Boar Black Stout Boss Fight Guide
To beat Black Stout the legendary boar, players will need to work with caution, but we’ve outlined a basic strategy below.
- Black Stout’s power level seems to adjust to the player’s from what we’ve seen, so it’ll always be a challenge no matter what.
- Its giant tusks act as shields, knocking back any melee attack and reducing it to minimal damage (though still a tiny bit).
- Black Stout has arrow vulnerabilities on his knees and often stops between attacks. A light bow can easily hit these for a powerful stun attack, this should be an early priority.
- Unsurprisingly, the boar tends to do charging attacks, as the tusks do huge damage and protect it from head-on attacks. Most of these are unblockable, so dodging is vital here. A light set of armour for stamina preservation could be very helpful.
- Black Stout has a charge attack that can essential trap the player in a long, damaging animation. If you see it rear up, do what you can to avoid, and make sure you’re at full health before it hits you for the best chance of survival.
- Because Black Stout has no real ranged attacks, poison and fire whittle down its health slowly while you just focus on keeping your distance.
Legendary Boar Black Stout Rewards
If you can beat Black Stout, you’ll get a huge amount of experience that’ll likely level you up several times, as well as the Bone Sickle, a one-handed melee weapon that does extra damage when you apply poison to it.
There’s more in Ireland, of course! If you want to get better at the trading, we’ve got a guide on that here. Or check out our guide on how to find all the raiding locations in Ireland just over here.