The latest Apex Legends update patch notes are in, and Respawn is making some changes to loot distribution, restoring the slow effect connected to Wattson’s fences, and much more.
These changes are live as of May 24 at 1 p.m. EST, with a further, smaller round of changes planned for later in the day, or overnight in the U.K. and Europe.
These include restoring Valkyrie as playable in the firing range.
All this is on top of the extensive updates Respawn introduced with Apex Legends Season 9 Legacy, which you can catch up on in our Season 9 Legacy patch notes roundup.
Read more: Why Apex Legends cosmetics are so expensive
Apex Legends Update Patch Notes (May 24)
- Restored slow effect when players run into Wattson’s fences
- Added a short input delay after using Valkyrie’s ult to prevent players from accidentally activating—then immediately canceling—their ult by accident
- Fixed an exploit that let players record stats in the firing range while using Valkyrie
- Fixed an edge case that allowed her ult to be activated shortly after using a jump pad
- Penalties for abandoning games have been added to Arenas. This is similar to the abandon penalty applied in Ranked BR games. You only get the penalty if you were in a full squad when you left (this doesn’t apply if you were partied with the leaver—you’ll still get penalized in that case). This update will activate a warning for players who are about to leave a game in-progress. The associated penalties will follow shortly after.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed users to unlock upgrades without having enough materials to do so
- Hop-up Upgrades for the Bocek bow are now as follows: Level 2: Shattercaos. Level 3: Deadeye’s Tempo.
- Fixed various Arena bugs and errors
- Adjusted the logic for loot items being spawned on the ground as opposed to being placed into loot bins. This should cause backpacks to spawn more evenly on the ground as opposed to being spawned almost exclusively in loot bins.
- Slight increase in spawn rates for Level 2 Evo armor. The starter kit changes introduced in Season 9 had caused them to be lowered by more than expected.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
Late Afternoon (PST) Apex Legends Playlist Update
- Re-enabling Valkyrie in the firing range
- We’re temporarily increasing survival XP earned in Arenas. This is a placeholder fix to offset the fact that the buy phase currently isn’t being taken into account for “survival time.” In a future patch we’ll adjust the survival time calculation to include the buy phase and return the survival XP earn rate to its previous level.