Apex Legends Season 9: Legacy launches today with brand new content for players to dig into and enjoy.
This includes a new Legend, Valkyrie, a new weapon, the Bocek Bow, and an entirely new way to play with Apex Legends Arenas.
With this latest update, Respawn has posted the latest Patch Notes.
The entirety of the Apex Legends Season 9 patch notes can be seen here, but here are some of the highlights.
New Legend: Valkyrie
Kairi Imahara, the daughter of Apex Predator Viper, salvaged the remains of her father's Northstar Titan years after his death. With Rampart's help, she fashioned it into a sleek new jetpack that honors her family’s legacy. Now, she’s entered the Games under the name VALKYRIE.
Passive: VTOL Jets
Use your jetpack to reposition or reach high places. You have limited fuel and cannot use weapons while flying.
Tactical: Missile Swarm
Fire a swarm of mini-rockets that damage and disorient the enemy.
Ultimate: Skyward dive
Take to the skies to reposition a long-distance across the map. Your squadmates can join in.
Scanning Survey Beacons reveals the next circle’s location.
New Weapon: Bocek Bow
The Bocek Bow (pronounced bow-check) is the first bow to be included in Apex Legends and uses a new ammo type, Arrows.
While Arrows are rare, they will stick to players and the environment to be picked up and used again.
The 1x hcog classic, 1x holosight, 2x hcog, 1x-2x variable, and 3x hcog optics can all be equipped.
The Bocek can also be further modified with the two new hop-ups entering the game, Shatter Caps and Deadeye’s Tempo; it can even equip both hop-ups simultaneously!
New Mode: Arenas
A new way to play Apex Legends, Arena is a 3v3 battle to the death overseen by former Apex Predator, Ash.
With new maps meant for close-quarters combat, teams must win three total rounds with a two-point lead to be declared the victor.
If there is a tie, the players will have the honor of participating in Ash’s favorite part of the game: Sudden Death.
The new Arena maps are:
- Party Crasher - Short version, Mirage took the voyage on a joyride and it didn’t go as planned.
- Phase Runner - The Phase Runner on Olympus is unique, but it wasn’t the first of its kind.
- Artillery (King's Canyon)
- Thermal Station (World's Edge)
- Golden Gardens (Golden Gardens)
Map Updates: Olympus
A fleet of ships arrived at Olympus carrying a parasitic plant that has begun to take over the surface.
Icarus, the lead ship of the fleet, has docked, expanding the battlefield.
Rumors are there is a mysterious keycard abord.
Some major changes are coming to everyone's favorite legends.
Low Profile Removal
- Low profile no longer exists! This trait has been removed from Wraith, Lifeline, and Wattson.
- Combat Revive: No longer deploys a shield. Can now revive two players at the same time. Can now cancel active revives in progress to allow your teammate to defend themselves with their knockdown shield.
- D.O.C. Heal Drone: Heal rate increased from 5hp per second to 8hp per second. Deployment time before healing begins reduced by roughly 33%.
- Care Package: Cooldown reduced from 6 minutes to 5 minutes. Now guarantees an upgrade (if possible) in three categories: Body Shield, Other Equipment (Helmet, Backpack, and Knockdown Shield), and Weapon Attachment, based on your team’s current gear when the Package arrives.
- Stim: Reduced cooldown between stims from 4s to 1s. Increased health cost from 12hp to 20hp.
- Increased bullet spread while in the air and shooting from the low Launch Pad trajectory.
- Burglar's Best Friend: Can now run and slide at full speed while aiming the bracelet and while the bracelet is in the air. Loba will no longer be slowed after translocating.
- Fixed a lot of bugs that caused bracelet tosses to fail.
- Black Market Boutique: Increased cooldown from 90s to 120s.
- Gravity Lift: Reduced lift speed by 30%. Reduced side-to-side acceleration. Limited the time you can sit at the top of Gravity Lift to 2 seconds. Increased cooldown from 15s to 20s.
- Horizon’s abilities will now get zapped by Wattson pylons.
- Knuckle Cluster: Fuse now has two stacks of Knuckle Cluster. Reduced cooldown from 25s to 20s.
- Smoke Launcher: Thickened Bangalore’s smoke.
- No longer receives assists from Eye of the Allfather.
- Crypto's drone can now scan and open care packages.
- Can no longer use his drone to "hijack" a respawn beacon that's already in use.
The Marksman class has been added, including the following weapons:
- Bocek Bow
- 30-30 Repeater
- G7 Scout
- Triple Take
A player's movement speed is slightly faster when ADS with Marksman weapons.
Hipfire spread amounts have been increased.
All players will now start the game with a Level 1 EVO Shield, Helmet, Knockdown Shield, x2 Syringes, and x2 Shield Cells
Level 1 Helmets and Knockdown shields are gone from the loot pool.
There are other changes to the game included in the Apex Legends Season 9 update.