Apex Legends Season 7 is now closer than ever, with Respawn bringing the release date forward by a week to November 4.
Respawn have thankfully shared all of the upcoming updates that will arrive in the new season with their very concise patch notes.
Remember to get farming XP before Season 6 ends, using that double XP bonus so you can max out this Battle Pass before getting the new one!
Season 7 Patch Notes
The patch notes for Apex Legends Season 7 are live!
New Map: Olympus
The Legends have entered a new arena: the sky city of Olympus.
A utopia floating in clouds above Psamathe, it was once a place where the brightest minds in the Outlands could gather and exchange ideas.
However, an accident in an experimental research facility led to the creation of the Phase Rift (a massive bubble of Phase energy), and the city was abandoned.
New Legend: Horizon
She’s the newest Legend, a brilliant scientist, and a master of gravity manipulation.
She has a deep connection to the new arena and motivation that will tug at your heartstrings.
Horizon’s custom spacesuit allows her to fall from great heights and control her movements in the air.
Using her custom technology, she can use gravity lifts to give her team a vertical boost, and she can even deploy NEWT (her small robot named after her son, Newton) to drop a micro black hole that pulls opponents into the center for some serious crowd control.
Here are her abilities:
- Passive - Spacewalk: Increase air control and reduce fall impacts with Horizon’s custom spacesuit.
- Tactical - Gravity Lift: Reverse the flow of gravity, lifting players upward and boosting them outward when they exit.
- Ultimate - Black Hole: Deploy NEWT to create a micro black hole that sucks in nearby Legends.
New Vehicle: The Trident
Exclusive to Olympus, the Trident is a hovercar designed for your whole squad.
Quality Of Life Changes
- Attachment Swap Improvements
- When replacing an attachment with one from the ground, if the old attachment is an improvement for your other weapon, the old attachment will get automatically transferred.
- Replicator Updates
- Removed weapons from the crafting pool and have replaced them with Shield batteries. The high-level attachments will still be tailored towards a weapon category.
- Now prevent other players from picking up items that you crafted for the first 5 seconds after crafting. This can be disabled by pinging the item.
- Air Drop Clarity
- The Arc Star now shows an Arc Star model when one is thrown near you, instead of a grenade.
- Added a new VO line when you are using a Phoenix Kit
- Added a new VO line when you drop a Holo Spray
- You can now ping ammo in your inventory to request more from your squad
- Made modifications to The Ring to reduce the amount of unplayable space in the circles.
- Regular Rotation
- For 2 weeks, Olympus will be the only map you can play on. After that week we go into a normal rotation between Olympus and World’s Edge. We will be vaulting Kings Canyon for the time being.
- Season 7 Ranked Rotation
- The first half of Ranked Split will be played on Olympus. The second half of ranked will be played on World’s Edge.
- Rolling Thunder: Reduced the time it takes for explosion from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Nox Gas Trap/Nox Gas Grenade: Legends no longer get a blurred vision effect while in the gas. Damage updated from 4-10 ticks of damage to 6-12 ticks of damage.
- Psyche Out/Life of the Party: Decoys now have 45 health
- Swift Mend: Doubled healing rate (from 0.5 hp/s to 1.0 hp/s)
- Perimeter Security: Increased damage per touch from 10 to 15.
- Black Market: Ammo taken no longer counts towards Black Market’s maximum. You can scoop up all the ammo in range.
- Sheila: Now takes 1.25 seconds to fully spin up, down from 2 seconds.
- Amped Wall: Now takes 3 seconds to fully build, down from 4 seconds.
- Hitbox: Adjusting the size to make it a little easier to hit Pathfinder.
- Grappling Hook
- Pathfinder no longer needs to be on the ground for Grappling Hook to be considered finished.
- The speed to which Pathfinder needs to drop for us to consider Grappling Hook finished was increased from 300 units/second to 500 units/second
- The maximum cooldown grapple can be set to was lowered to 30 seconds, from 35 seconds; the maximum amount of travel time before a new cooldown is set is now 5 seconds, rather than being uncapped. This means that effectively, you can never incur more than a 35-second cooldown.
- The amount of distance you can travel before you hit maximum cooldown was roughly doubled.
- Supply Drop
- The R99 will be returning to the normal loot pool this season
- Damage: 12 -> 11 (from Care Package version to normal pre-season 6)
- Ammo 20/22/24/27
- Prowler being added to Supply Drop
- Magazine size: 35; reserve ammo: 175
- The R99 will be returning to the normal loot pool this season
- Fully Kitted Weapons
- Removed: Devotion, Mastiff, Triple Take, Flatline, Volt
- New: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
- Increasing horizontal recoil of the first 3 shots slightly to the right (first burst when in burst mode)
- Increasing recoil magnitude in the later stages of the pattern
- Reducing recoil multiplier in single fire mode to help compensate for additional recoil in pattern. Recoil should mostly be increased in burst mode rather than single fire mode
- Reducing headshot multiplier 2.0 -> 1.75 (44 -> 39 damage headshot against no helmet base character)
- Updated recoil pattern. Kicks up, then right, then left, then up again.
- LSTAR has a new recoil pattern that kicks horizontally at first and then settles into a relatively consistent upward recoil. Players who feather the trigger will be able to keep the LSTAR in the good portion of the recoil pattern.
- LSTAR venting time after letting go of the trigger has been reduced 0.4s -> 0.15s.
- LSTAR will now reduce heat faster when not overheated -- 1.15s from 99.9% to 0% charge if not overheated, still 2.45s if overheated.
- Energized Sentinel now has a pure damage increase, instead of bonus damage only vs shields
- Energized Sentinel base damage 70 -> 88
- Triple Take
- Fire rate 1.3 -> 1.2
- Quickdraw Holster Hop-up: This new hop-up attaches to the RE-45 and Wingman. When equipped, the gun becomes quicker to raise and lower, takes less time to ADS, and has reduced hipfire spread (particularly when not actively moving). This should open up new opportunities to use the two weapons, especially in close-quarters combat.
- The Selectfire Receiver hop-up will be removed from the loot pool to make room.
- Evo Armor - We increased the requirements to evolve Evo Armor in order to reduce the amount of players with Red Evo Armor during the end game.
- Level 0 -> 1 : 100 damage (from 50)
- Level 1 -> 2 : 150 damage (from 125)
- Level 2 -> 3 : 300 damage (from 250)
- Level 3 -> 4 : 750 damage (from 500)
- Ring damage reduced
- Ring 1: 2% per tick (same)
- Ring 2: 3% per tick (from 5%)
- Ring 3: 5% per tick (from 10%)
- Ring 4: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 5: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 6: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- Ring 7: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- Advancements made in footstep audio playing more reliably. We have more work being done that we’ll continue to roll out as it gets completed.
- Fixed an issue with ziplines going through platforms when deployed from underneath.
- Fixed an issue with priming a grenade cancelling Wraith's ultimate.
- Fixed an issue with getting stuck in double jump after using a jump pad.
- Fixed an issue with Octane being able to use healing items while on a zipline.
- Fixed an issue with his drone being able to drop items from Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with his drone not being able to fit through certain windows.
- Fixed an issue with his drone marking friendly Mirage decoys as enemies.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant getting pushed into geo when his totem was deployed in tight spaces.
- Fixed an issue with Rampart not being able to place an amp wall while jumping.
- Fixed an issue with Sheila teleporting when placed on a hatch in World’s Edge Staging.