Respawn Entertainment is teasing all kinds of things for Apex Legends Season 5, from map changes to character motivations.
However, there is a lot of focus on new character Loba, who will be joining the games in Season 5, seeking revenge on Revenant for killing her parents.
The evil death robot doesn't know the meaning of guilt, but these new letters show the relationship Loba had with her mother, and potentially shed some light on what is coming in the future of Apex Legends.
Where To Find The Teaser
This teaser has been released on Twitter, head to the Apex Legends Twitter account to see for yourself.
However, the text is in rough handwriting and gif format (which means no zooming in), so you might want to refer to our transcription below!
What The Letters Say
In case you couldn't read it, here's a full transcription of what the letters say:
My little cachorrinha,
I think of all the things that my mother didn't tell me. I want to tell you those things now, as early as I can, so you are ready. Here are a few...
- Whatever you decide to do for a living, make sure you enjoy it! - you spend too much time doing it to hate it.
- When you are using an eyeliner pencil, heat up the tip with a lighter for a moment. It will go on smoother and darker.
- Add something colourful to your outfit. It will show how special you are inside. Outside, unless you need to not stand out. (Know the right time)
- Don't get into trouble on Gaea. They have policia, so it is more work than getting in trouble on Solace.
- Don't get into trouble with Gaea's cons, either. That place makes them ruthless.
- Money will protect you on Psamathe. But you'll need a lot of it.
- No need to break in if you can steal the key.
- Only smile when you want to.
- You're beautiful. Always remember that, and it will always be true.
- Be nice to your parents. They won't always be right, but they'll do their best.
+ Papai loves you too- papai can write his own letter!
What Does It All Mean?
Aside from being a lovely letter from mother to unborn daughter, we think a lot of these points could foreshadow things coming to Apex Legends in the future.
- "Look people in the eye when you talk to them. Then you can tell them anything and they'll always believe you. And you'll know when to believe them."
- Does this mean Loba is a liar as well as a thief?
- How much of what she's said has been a lie, and who has she lied to?
- Does she have an ulterior motive, not just revenge?
- "Add something colourful to your outfit. It will show how special you are inside. Outside, unless you need to not stand out. (Know the right time)"
- Her current outfit is all-white. There are hints of red, but she's probably trying to not stand out while on her infiltration mission.
- This one's going to be important, we can tell. It's probably foreshadowing Loba pickpocketing another Legend, so it might be worth going back and checking if any Legends keep things in their back pockets.
- "Don't get into trouble on Gaea. They have policia, so it is more work than getting in trouble on Solace. Don't get into trouble with Gaea's cons, either. That place makes them ruthless."
- We're assuming "cons" is either convicts/con-artists or a misspelling or misreading of cops.
- It's interesting to mention Gaea, as we don't know much about the planet. The only real facts we know are that it is Caustic's homeworld.
- Ironically, her mother was killed on Psamathe, by Syndicate hitman Revenant. Maybe she should have been more worried about them.
- "Money will protect you on Psamathe. But you'll need a lot of it."
- As we mentioned, it didn't protect Loba's parents. We might find out more about why they were killed in the future - was it a money problem? Perhaps they owed the Syndicate money?
- Psamathe is also where Revenant's real head and brain have now been sent, so we're expecting a subsequent map, probably Season 6, to take us there.
- "No need to break in if you can steal the key."
- Loba has taken this advice to the next level by working on her teleportation device. Now she doesn't need to break in or steal the key.
Maybe some of the other advice will prove useful as well, but for now, we're going to comb previous trailers for information about where this advice could apply.
One last interesting part is everything that is crossed out - these parts represent what Loba's mother was thinking, but eventually decided not to say.
Have you got any ideas?