With the weekly PTR update yesterday, Blizzard confirmed much more new quality of life features coming to patch 9.1.5, a lot surrounding catch-up mechanics, and increased drop rates for necessary items.
Soul Cinders were a new currency added into patch 9.1 Chains of Domination, which would be used to upgrade legendary items from the previous max of 235 all the way until 252.
These soul cinders were available from layers 8-12 of Torghast, the weekly Tormentors of Torghast event, bi-weekly Maw assaults, and Covenant missions.
In 9.1.5, completing the same events will now award a minimum of 1000 Soul Cinders, up from the previous 510.
World Of Warcraft Shadowlands: Players Can Earn 1000 Soul Cinders From Weekly Content In Patch 9.1.5
Not only does the Soul Cinders drop more often now, repeating Torghast will award the full value of 350 per layer 12 wing each time a player completes it.
- Layer 8 Live value: 50 Soul Cinders
- 9.1.5 value: 170 Soul Cinders
- Layer 9 Live value: 90 Soul Cinders
- 9.1.5 value: 230 Soul Cinders
- Layer 10 Live value: 120 Soul Cinders
- 9.1.5 value: 270 Soul Cinders
- Layer 11 Live value: 150 Soul Cinders
- 9.1.5 value: 310 Soul Cinders
- Layer 12 Live value: 180 Soul Cinders
- 9.1.5 value: 350 Soul Cinders
Repeating wings will also award full amounts of Soul Ash, which is still required to craft legendary items.
This change has just gone live on the PTR, and could possibly be tweaked before it goes live.
Another welcome change coming to 9.1.5, which will help players craft new legendaries to try, play different characters, and catch new players up who come back to the game.