Valheim, the hit Viking themed survival game has today (March 23) dropped a sizeable new update to the game.
Writing on Steam the developers at Iron Gate Studios told fans "This was a long one", before adding:
"Sorry for the delay, but we were waiting for a specific patch to the steam socket API, and it just went live today! (the fix in question is not listed in the steam changelog). I recommend you to make sure steam has updated to the "Mar 22 2021" version (Steam->Menu->Help->About Steam). Steam will of course automatically update itself to this version. Lots of big and small changes in this patch, some gameplay tweaks and some bug fixes."
As always, make sure you update your server as well before you continue playing the game.
For a full list of the patch notes and changes made to the game on March 23, read on:
Valheim Update 0.148.6 Patch Notes
- Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6x4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument "-console" to enable)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation fixed
- "Failed to connect" error message fixed
- Serpent trophy stack fix
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds "genloc" command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
- Megingjord item-collider fix
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
- Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
- Better bad connection detection
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Localization updates
For more helpful Valheim content, why not check out what more you can look forward to in 2021 for Valheim?