It's being touted as the most high-octane season yet, with a new Rocket Pass, Challenges and plenty of content.
The game continues to grow in popularity despite being almost 6 years old.
Season 2 of the free-to-play era of Rocket League continued the great work Psyonix had been doing.
As always we’re here to explain all the leaks, rumours and official information so you know what to expect next season!
Here’s everything you need to know about Rocket League Season 3.
Rocket League Season 3 begins on April 7th 2021.
Season 3 begins on April 7 following a game update on April 6 at 4 p.m. PDT (11 a.m. UTC) (pending first-party certification).
The Season 3 trailer is here!
Patch Notes 1.94 Season 3 Update
Rocket League version 1.94 is now available to download on Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Follow the link to view the full patch notes as shared by Psyonix.
Season 3 Rocket Pass & Rewards
As always there will be 100 ranks of rewards in the new season!
You can either just work along the free track for those rewards or you can buy the Rocket Pass for 1000 Credits and earn Pro Rewards to show off in style!
When the details drop we’ll drop them in so you can see what’s on offer.
Season 3 Arena
Ranks remain unchanged in the new season:
- Bronze I
- Bronze II
- Bronze III
- Silver I
- Silver II
- Silver III
- Gold I
- Gold II
- Gold III
- Platinum I
- Platinum II
- Platinum III
- Diamond I
- Diamond II
- Diamond III
- Champion I
- Champion II
- Champion III
- Grand champion I
- Grand champion II
- Grand Champion III
- Supersonic Legend
Each tier has four divisions, ranging from division I (the lowest) to division IV (the highest). You can go up or down a division within a tier based on how many matches you have won.
We now know we'll be getting a brand new stadium with the launch of Season 3
The DFH stadium is already present in the game, but it seems a new "racing" variant may be launching very soon!
The classic Arena has been outfitted with a track and all the pageantry found trackside during a championship Sunday.
DFH Stadium (Circuit) will be added to the Casual and Competitive Playlists, and will be available for Private Matches and Freeplay at the start of Season 3.
NASCAR and F1
Both F1 and NASCAR are joining Rocket League later this year in May!
To properly celebrate the art of auto racing, Rocket League are bringing in two legends that perfected speed: NASCAR and Formula 1.
Introducing Tyranno, Rocket Leagues very own speed demon, comes in the Season 3 Rocket Pass.
It features a Dominus hitbox.
Complete new weekly and seasonal challenges to unlock customisation items for free!
Plus, get additional challenges with Rocket Pass Premium
New items have been added to competitive tournament rewards!
Season 2 Rewards
Once the season begins, new Competitive Tournament Rewards will be introduced, and the new Competitive Season begins. Season 2 Competitive Rewards will be granted shortly after Season 3 goes live.
Here are the rewards:
- Bronze I or higher – Season 2 – Bronze Boost
- Silver I or higher – Season 2 – Silver Boost + lower Boost
- Gold I or higher – Season 2 – Gold Boost + lower Boosts
- Platinum I or higher – Season 2 – Platinum Boost + lower Boosts
- Diamond I or higher – Season 2 – Diamond Boost + lower Boosts
- Champion I or higher – Season 2 – Champion Boost + lower Boosts
- Grand Champion I – Season 2 – Grand Champion Boost + lower Boosts
- Supersonic Legend – Season 2 – Supersonic Legend Boost + lower Boosts
GRAND CHAMPION TITLE REWARDS
- Competitive Grand Champion: "S2 GRAND CHAMPION" in Crimson text
- Rumble Grand Champion: "S2 RNG CHAMP" in Crimson text
- Hoops Grand Champion: "S2 DUNK MASTER" in Crimson text
- Snow Day Grand Champion: "S2 BLIZZARD WIZARD" in Crimson text
- Dropshot Grand Champion: "S2 FLOOR DESTROYER" in Crimson text
SUPERSONIC LEGEND TITLE REWARDS
- Competitive Supersonic Legend: "S2 SUPERSONIC LEGEND" in Titanium White text
- Rumble Supersonic Legend: "S2 RNGENIUS" in Titanium White text
- Hoops Supersonic Legend: "S2 LEGENDARY BALLER" in Titanium White text
- Snow Day Supersonic Legend: "S2 ICE TITAN" in Titanium White text
- Dropshot Supersonic Legend: "S2 TILE ANNIHILATOR" in Titanium White text
Credit balance will also be reset at the end of the season.
Existing Tournament Credits will convert to All-Star Cups. Players who have participated in a Competitive Tournament and have between 0-12,000 Tournament Credits will receive one All-Star Cup.
Players who have more than 12,000 Tournament Credits will receive additional All-Star Cups depending on how many Tournament Credits they have.
- 0-12,000 Tournament Credits — receive 1 All-Star Cup
- 12,001-24,000 Tournament Credits — receive 2 All-Star Cups
- 24,001-36,000 Tournament Credits — receive 3 All-Star Cups