Resident Evil 3 Remake is set to release on April 3rd, coming off an amazing remake of Resident Evil 2.
It's time to head back to Raccoon City, this time controlling Jill Valentine, as she tries to fight her way out while hunted relentlessly by Nemesis.
So what do we know about Resident Evil 3? Here's what you need to know.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly!
Be sure to watch our wide variety of PS5 news here!
What Is It?
Resident Evil 3 Remake is a reimagining of Resident Evil 3 which was originally released on September 22, 1999; making it over 20 years since we have seen a version of this iconic title.
The third-person survival horror game is developed and published by Capcom.
The game is set 24 hours before the events of Resident Evil 2, with most of the population being transformed into zombies thanks to a viral outbreak.
You play as Jill Valentine, a former Special Tactics And Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S.) member as she attempts to escape Racoon City from the outbreak and a new enemy called 'Nemesis'.
The Resident Evil series is one of the longest-running franchises of all time and they are essentially survival horror games that have become some of the most popular games in the world.
Resident Evil: Resistance
Capcom is also bundling in a new multiplayer mode called Resident Evil Resistance as a standalone title. You can read more about the 4 vs 1 game here.
Release Date and Platforms
Resident Evil 3 Remake is releasing worldwide on April 3, 2020 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
There's even evidence a Switch port has been worked on in the past. Find out more here.
Trailer and Gameplay
You can check out the Resident Evil 3 Announcement Trailer here:
If you want to see more gameplay, you can watch it here:
If you're a die-hard fan of the Resident Evil series or are just looking to add another collectable to your inventory, look no further than the Collector's Edition of Resident Evil 3 Remake.
Priced at $179.99 USD if you opt for this edition you will get the following:
- Resident Evil 3 Standard Game
- Jill Valentine Figure – An 11-inch, finely-crafted figure of Jill Valentine, based on her latest in-game design from Resident Evil 3.
- “Project: N” & “Project: R” Art Book – A classified file containing photographs, reports, and documents of Raccoon City procured by Umbrella Corporation during their various experiments.
- Raccoon City Double-Sided Poster – One side depicts a Raccoon City map utilized by survivors during the horrible zombie outbreak as a means of avoiding imminent threats. The other side showcases a healthier side of Raccoon City before its outbreak with a collage of ads and placements citizens may have seen on a stroll across the city.
- Digital Double Album Soundtrack – A voucher code containing a double-album soundtrack filled with haunting tracks from both Resident Evil 3 and the multiplayer game Resident Evil Resistance.
If you pre-order the game, you'll gain access to the Classic Costume Pack.
There's a demo live already on all platforms and features a number of collectables.
Back in December Capcom re-released the Resident Evil 2 demo and included an easter egg to promote the new game.
The egg revolves around Nemesis, the main enemy from the original game, growling his catchphrase ‘S.T.A.R.S.’
We can't wait to kill some zombies and get scared silly, so here's a handful of guides to help you find your feet in Raccoon City's streets.