The Red Dead Online weekly update is coming around the corner - here's everything you need to know. And remember, you can enjoy last week's Red Dead Online goodies up until this weeks are revealed.
- What Are This Week's Red Dead Online Bonuses?
- Is Red Dead Online Worth Playing In 2021?
- What Gives You The Most Money In Red Dead Online?
- Is Red Dead Online Fun Solo?
When Are Red Dead Online Weekly Updates?
The update takes place every Tuesday at 3 PM GMT, so the next drop is on March 16th.
What Are This Week's Red Dead Online Bonuses?
While we don't know exactly what Rockstar will include in this week's update, we do have a decent idea. There's usually going to be some form of XP boost as well as a number of offers on key products.
If you're lucky, you may even get a free Treasure Map thrown in, too. Here's what was included in last week's Red Dead Online weekly update (March 9)?
- Gifts for Outlaw Pass No. 4 owners: A free Treasure Map and 5,000 Club XP for playing any time this week
- A free Ability Card for all players who log in this week
- Gifts for Bounty Hunters: 2,000 Role XP and an Offer for 30% off any Established or Distinguished Bounty Hunter Item for playing any time this week
- Double Role XP on all Bounties, plus Double Ability Card XP on all Legendary Bounties and all 39 Infamous Bounties
- An Extra Bounty Hunting Bonus of 25 Poison Throwing Knives and 100x Express Rifle Ammo for turning in any Legendary Bounty
- An Offer for 30% off the Bounty Hunter Wagon for players that complete the A New Source of Employment Mission, Outrider
- New Discounts: 40% off all Rifles, plus 30% off all Bounty Hunter Weapon variants, Off-Hand Holsters, Reinforced Lassos, Ability Cards and Ability Card Upgrades
- Ongoing Prime Gaming Benefits: Players who connect to Prime Gaming will receive Rewards for a free Bounty Hunter License, an Award for the Trimmed Amethyst Bounty Wagon Livery, plus
- 200 Shotgun Slugs, 5,000 Club XP, and an Offer for 50% off the Repeating Shotgun.
“Whether you gun these criminals down or apprehend them alive is up to you, but either way: in addition to the cash reward, turning in any Legendary Bounty will land you a gift of 25 Poison Throwing Knives and 100 rounds of Express Rifle Ammo. Head to your local Bounty Board to peruse the undesirables and launch your next skirmish," Rockstar says.
“If you haven’t already added A New Source of Employment telegrams to your Satchel, be sure to check your mailbox — either at your Camp Lockbox or local Post Office — for word from your mysterious pen-pal J. Completing Outrider by successfully escorting a delivery wagon from Brittlebrush Trawl any time before March 15th will earn you an Offer for 30% off the Bounty Hunter Wagon.”
- Annesburg — Tobin Anderson’s Wreckers
- Armadillo — The Butchers of Benedict Pass
- Benedict Point — “Los Pasajeros”
- Blackwater — Thaddeus Walter’s Men
- Emerald Station — The Three Widows
- Rhodes — The Bellingham Brothers
- Riggs Station — Bartholomew Brown’s “Gentlemen”
- Saint Denis — Hoare, Roache and Gault
- Strawberry — The “Initiates”
- Tumbleweed — “Addison Wye’s “Jailbreakers”
- Valentine — Allen, De La Mare and Fitch
- Van Horn — Bradshaw, Colt and Penn
- Wallace Station — Theodore Xavier’s Hunt
Prime Gaming Bonuses
Got yourself an Amazon Prime subscription? Then you can grab a free Bounty Hunter License, and a Bounty livery for free.
Is Red Dead Online Worth Playing In 2021?
In short, yes. As we detailed last year, Red Dead Online is a more methodical and serene experience than GTA Online and is well worth playing if you've finished the campaign of Red Dead Redemption 2. You can experience this incomparable world from a new perspective, and the free content is tons of fun with a set of dedicated friends.
What Gives You The Most Money In Red Dead Online?
The easiest way to make money in RDR Online is to complete the story missions. These are easily distinguished by the yellow fog clouds dotted around the map.
Also, don't spend money on tonics and other items that can be found exploring the map. Frugality is key in RDR Online, as mentioned in this excellent piece by Gamesradar - so keep an eye on those pennies.
Finally, keep an eye out for treasure maps. Sure, these aren't the most reliable means of securing an income, but they're usually found in Bandit camps and, providing you have the time, can yield a decent reward.
Is Red Dead Online Fun Solo?
Yes and no. It's perfectly playable on your own but is more enjoyed with friends. As is the case with any online game, the experience varies greatly depending on who you play with. Some griefers take a lot of pleasure making other gamers' lives miserable - remember, this is the Wild West after all.