Wallrunning is clearly something that players will be able to do in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, with special horizontal pathways, but the ability isn’t given to you instantly and it’s not clear how you get it, nor how it’s used. Don’t worry, we’ll show you how to unlock the wallrunning ability, as well as what it has to do with the Phantom Dodge.
How to Unlock Wallrunning in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
To wallrun in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, players will need to find a specific character in Nefarious City known as The Phantom, who you’ll encounter as part of the early plot, less than three hours in. As part of your first interaction with this character, you’ll come away with an ability called the Phantom Dodge, which allows you to press the Circle button to dodge while phasing through attacks and certain barriers.
However, this also allows you to wallrun on compatible walls. We’ll lay out the mechanics of it for you below:
- Players can wallrun on any of the horizontal surface marked with arrows and orange framing, but no other walls.
- To wallrun, simply jump at that surface or Phantom Dodge into it. Your character will automatically begin to run along the side.
- Despite the arrows pointing one way, players can use them to run in either direction.
- Simply jump or Phantom Dodge to detach yourself, or just let your character run to the end.
- You cannot shoot or attack while wallrunning. However, we also found that enemies seemed to struggle to shoot the player while doing so, though they occasionally landed a hit.
Wallrunning is a vital skill, used to access new collectibles, rewards and more. It can also be used to quickly navigate combat encounters, clear dangerous gaps, or complete platforming puzzles, such as those in the Pocket Dimensions found around the game. Or check out how to beat the first boss you’ll encounter after wallrunning here!