The aquatic beast labelled only as Juice is hiding in the abandoned forge facility on Cordelion’s Kedaro Station, an invincible enemy who has to be carefully avoided with stealth. We’ll show you how to get past Juice the Monster in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, so you can get around Cordelion safely and stealth your way to an eventual escape.
How to Get Past Juice the Monster in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
To get past Juice in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, players need to use a combination of stealth and tactics, as this enemy is invulnerable to attacks and can’t be beaten in combat. So you need to evade it and distract it accordingly until you make it through the facility. We’ll show you the basics here.
Sneaking Around Juice
Stealth and sneaking haven’t been a part of Rift Apart’s gameplay experience until now, so escaping Juice can feel strange as a result. Fortunately we’ve put together some basic details on how to avoid Juice and stay out of its sight.
- Juice cannot see you if its back is turned. You can actually walk behind it as close as you like, and as long as you don’t attack or fire a weapon, it won’t hear you.
- If you do fire a weapon, it’ll always get Juice’s attention, unless you’re firing at a yellow canister.
- The yellow canisters spread around the facility are filled with a yellow liquid that temporarily distracts Juice. Shoot them with your Burst Pistol to open them up, and Juice will run to drink it for up to five seconds. You have that time to escape or complete whatever the current objective is.
- Certain rooms have Rift Tethers at either end. These can be used to rapidly escape or move about the room, both in and out of stealth.
- If you’re spotted, use a Rift Tether, shoot a canister, or if there’s no other option, use the booster hoverboots to escape the room as quickly as possible.
- Juice’s attacks do high damage, and bowl you over when they hit. Play cautiously to avoid getting attacked, or you won’t have much of a chance.
- The giant switches that open doors here make a lot of noise. When you step on one, it’ll lure Juice if the monster is close. Wait until it’s moved on or use the opportunity given by a canister bursting to move on.
The sequence in which Juice is a threat doesn’t last too long, so just focus on completing the objectives and staying out of its way. Once it’s over, you can head back into the other, populated dimension, and there won’t be further stealth sequences from that point on.
Can You Kill or Attack Juice?
No, there is no way to beat Juice with combat. None of your attacks will affect it, and all you can do is get its attention. Keep playing and eventually you'll reach a point where Juice will no longer be a threat.