At different points in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, you’ll enter strange dimensional anomalies as Clank, solving complex puzzles based around steering spectral “possibilities” of yourself to the end terminal with orbs, levers and platforms. We’ll show you how to solve all the Possibilities' puzzles in the dimensional anomalies here, with guides and step-by-step explanations.
Read More: Seekerpede Boss Fight
All Dimensional Anomalies and Possibilities Puzzle Solutions
To solve all the puzzles in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart based around dimensional anomalies and possibilities, players will have to think logically and ensure that they’ve found all the special spheres used to interact with the environment and the stream of possibilities. Without all the items, you can’t solve the puzzles.
Dimensional Anomalies and Possibilities Explained
There’s several occurrences in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart where you enter dimensional anomalies and must guide a constant stream of ghostly possibilities through a labyrinth to the Meta-Terminal at the end. The goal here is to ensure that at least seven possibilities make it to the Meta-Terminal, whereupon you yourself will be able to go through it (you can press the Circle button to automatically transport there when the puzzle is completed). Each instance of dimensional anomalies has three puzzles/courses to solve before it’s done, and we’ll go through them chronologically below.
How to Skip the Puzzles
You can skip the puzzles at any point simply by pausing the game and choosing that option. There’s actually no penalty for doing so, though players will miss out on story dialogue (particularly focused around Clank and Kit) and there are crates of bolts scattered around many of the courses, though of course bolts are plentiful enough that you can easily make up for that later.
There are four kinds of sphere found in these anomalies that can be used to effect Clank, the possibilities themselves, or sections of the environment. You can pick them up simply by walking into them, throw them into sockets with R2, or recall them while you’re looking at them with the same button. If you’re holding multiple kinds of sphere, you can cycle through them with the weapon wheel.
The four kinds of sphere are as follows:
- Lift Sphere: When placed in a socket, raises any character or object who touches it into the air.
- Speed Sphere: When placed in a socket, causes any character who touches it to gain a burst of speed. Speeded-up characters can break the hexagonal barriers.
- Heavy Sphere: When placed in a socket, causes characters who touch it to become heavy and immune to gusts of wind. Can also pull down certain compatible sections of the environment, such as moving platforms or saw blades.
- Electric Sphere: When placed in a socket, causes characters to turn into electrical forms who can travel along the special electric rails. Can also be placed inside a Spinnergizer generator to activate certain machinery.
Puzzle 1: Sargasso
The first of these puzzles occurs on Sargasso when Clank interacts with Rivet’s ship, trapped in a dimensional anomaly. We’ll take you through the three courses involved below.
- Course 1
- Grab the Lift Sphere on the right dead-end path.
- Place the Sphere into the final socket in the ground just before the gap that the possibilities are falling into.
- Use the Sphere to jump the gap and smash the crates.
- Course 2
- Smash the crates on the left and grab the Speed Sphere behind them.
- Place the Speed Sphere in the right-hand path’s socket.
- Use the Sphere to charge through the hexagonal barrier and grab the Lift Sphere on the other side.
- Place the Lift Sphere at the very end of the Possibilities’ path, just before the gap, and put the Speed Sphere right behind that, resulting in a boosted jump that clears the gap.
- Use it to cross over and stand on the button that redirects the path.
- Course 3
- Pick up the Lift Sphere at the side and throw it at the crusher. This’ll raise it permanently into the air, rather than squashing anything.
- Run under the crusher, summon the Lift Sphere to your hand, and repeat this process on the crusher on your left, so you can get past it to the Speed Sphere.
- Use the Speed Sphere to destroy the barrier ahead, then summon the Lift Sphere and use both to vault the gap and get the second Lift Sphere.
- Finally, place one Lift Sphere back in the first crusher, followed by a boosted Speed/Lift jump on the path afterwards like you did in the previous course.
Puzzle 2: Blizar Prime
This time there’s a vital piece of equipment obstructed by an anomaly in the Blizon Mines. By clearing the anomaly, you clear the pipe and can progress to the miners’ drill.
- Course 1
- Get the Heavy Sphere on the right and place it into the floating column so it lowers down, allowing you to get a second one.
- Place a Heavy Sphere in the saw blades at the end of the course. It’ll cause them to lower and destroy a barrier on the path. Resummon it once it’s done.
- Place a Heavy Sphere in the very first socket the Possibilities run over so the fan doesn’t blow them away.
- Smash all the crates and lower the column again, then stand on the green button on the right. This’ll provide a straight path to the end.
- Course 2
- Smash the crates in your path, then jump up the column on the right for a Lift Sphere. Grab it, then use that to bounce up the column on the left, which gets you Heavy Sphere.
- Take both to the right path, raise the first column with a Lift Sphere and lower the second one with a Heavy Sphere. This’ll provide a path to a Speed Sphere.
- Take all three back to the middle path that the Possibilities are running. Put the Speed/Lift combo just before the gap, then place a Heavy Sphere in the saw blades to lower them out of the Possibilities’ path.
- Course 3
- Jump over the gap in front of you and grab the Heavy Sphere. Take that to the saw blades on the far left to lower them, so you can jump over and get a Lift Sphere.
- Place the Lift Sphere in the lowered column on the right, so it raises and you can run underneath it for a Speed Sphere.
- Use the Speed Sphere to charge through the barrier at the end.
- Take back all the Spheres on the course. Place a Lift Sphere just in front of the first fan, so the Possibilities bounce over the wind stream, then place a Heavy Sphere in the socket in front of the other fan, so they can run straight through it. With the barrier gone, it’s a straight line to the other side.
Puzzle 3: Sargasso Seekerpede
Returning to Sargasso with Kit, Rivet finds a Seekerpede rebuilt by the Morts half-stuck in an anomaly. This time Kit is the one inside the dimensions, not Clank, but the mechanics and rules are exactly the same.
- Course 1
- Grab the new Electric Sphere and place it just in front of the rail. You’ll be able to travel through it as electricity. Once on the other side, smash the crates there.
- Grab the second Electric Sphere there, and step on the green Button. This’ll lower a platform that allows you to get the Lift Sphere.
- Resummon the first Electric Sphere to your hand so that the Possibilities aren’t stepping on the new button, giving the path time to reset.
- Place one Electric Sphere in the Spinnergizer generator, and a Lift Sphere in front of the column. Finally step on the button and use the other Electric Sphere to electrify the rail. This should provide a path for the Possibilities to the end.
- Course 2
- Grab the Electric Sphere on the right and use it to cross the rail ahead. Summon the Sphere to your hand, then use it to cross the rail on your left for a second Electric Sphere.
- Summon both Spheres back. Place one in the left rail, one in the first rail for the Possibilities to cross over, and step on the button to lower the column on the right.
- Step on the button on the column, summon the Electric Sphere out of the left rail, and put it in the Spinnergizer to lower the final section of the path.
- Course 3
- Smash the crates ahead to get an Electric Sphere, and use that to ride the right-hand rail to get a Lift Sphere.
- Jump back across and summon the Electric Sphere, and use that to cross the rail at the end for a Heavy Sphere.
- Now with all of them, place the Heavy Sphere in front of the fan, the Lift Sphere in front of the button the Possibilities don’t touch it, and leave the Electric Sphere in the rail to take them to the end.
Puzzle 4: Savali Catacombs
Clank’s back for the final puzzle and what follows is the ultimate logic test of what you’ve learned from the previous experiences, used to repair the worst anomaly you’ve seen so far.
- Course 1
- Jump over to the Electric Sphere and place it in the Spinnergizer to turn the path around. Run ahead and grab both Heavy Spheres.
- Put one Heavy Sphere in the floating column, and another just before it so that the Possibilities end up stepping on the button. Step on the platform the button is attached to before they get there; it’ll lift you up to an Electric Sphere.
- From up there, step on the button in front of you, summon back both heavy orbs, and place the Electric Sphere in the rail at the end.
- Course 2
- Walk down the course to get the Lift Sphere. Place it just before the grinder and run to the horizontal platform ahead. The Possibilities should bounce over the grinder and step on a button that lifts you up.
- From there, grab the Speed Sphere. Summon the Lift Sphere back to your hand, then head all the way back to the beginning of the course and use the Speed Sphere to smash the barrier with your body.
- From there, put the Speed Sphere in the very first socket in the course, step on the button that turns the arrow to the right, and drop a Lift Sphere in the Possibilities’ path so they fly upwards and smash the barrier. Follow their path to get a second Lift Sphere.
- Put the trusty Speed/Lift combo in front of the grinder so they clear it and the button. Place a Heavy Sphere in the hanging saw at the end, as well as a Lift Sphere just in front of it. Then stand on the button that lifts the horizontal platform and the Possibilities will make it to the end.
- Course 3
- Jump across the gap ahead for an Electric Sphere. Place it in the left-hand rail and ride across to get a Lift Sphere.
- Summon the Electric Sphere and ride the rail back the other way to where you started. Place the Lift Sphere in front of the gap so the Possibilities jump over it, then put an Electric Sphere where they land so they ride the rail and step on a button. This lowers a platform with a Heavy Sphere on it for you to get.
- Still standing on the lowered platform, summon the Electric Sphere to your hand so the Possibilities can’t step on the button. You’ll rise up with the platform to a new rail. Electrify it to cross for a Speed Sphere.
- Put the old Speed/Lift combo in front of the gap so the Possibilities go flying to the higher path. Follow them and use the Electric Sphere to cross the rail up there for a Heavy Sphere.
- Finally, place the Heavy Sphere in front of the fans, the Lift Sphere where the Possibilities land, and the Electric Sphere in the final rail. You’ve completed the final puzzle!
It’s a heck of an accomplishment! There’s plenty more challenges though - find out how to beat every occurrence of Dr Nefarious here, or check out where to find all the rare Craiggerbear collectibles here!