Season 7 of PUBG is now LIVE on PC!
The latest season of PUBG is set to bring back Vikendi and a new game mode called 'Cold Front'.
As Season 6 ends, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will play host to another season in April and we're excited to see what new rewards and additions are in store for us.
Here's everything we know about Season 7 in PUBG.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of PUBG content here!
You can find out more about the below topics by clicking the links:
- Latest News
- Release Date
- Season 6 End Date
- Survivor Pass Rewards
- Skins And Items
- Cold Front
- Vikendi Map Changes
- New Weapon
- Survival Title System
- Patch Notes
Ranked Mode on PC - 13th May
Ranked mode has dropped into PC test servers today alongside Update 7.2.
PUBG Adds Bots As A Way Of Helping New Players - 27th April
Similar to other battle royale games, PUBG is about to incorporate bots to help new players adjust to the intense mode.
PUBG Season 7 Has Launched On PC - 22nd April
The new season for PUBG has reached PC servers - the full patch notes for 7.1 are below.
Season 7 Cold Front All Skins - 19th April
First Season 7 Patch Has Arrived - 14th April
The first season 7 patch has arrived on test servers and it weighs in at 18GB.
When Does PUBG Season 7 Start On PC, Xbox One And PS4?
PUBG Season 7 is now LIVE on PC and will reach consoles next week.
PUBG Season 7 is due to begin on the 29th April PST for consoles.
This is assuming that Season 6 lasts for 12 weeks, having started on the 22nd January on PC and the 30th January on consoles.
When Does Season 6 End?
- PC: January 22, 2020 ~ April 21, 2020 (18:00 PM PST)
- Console: January 30, 2020 ~ April 28, 2020 (02:00 AM PST)
Survivor Pass Tier Rewards
A new Survivor Pass will be available once again and it's expected that the prices will not vary.
Survivor Pass: Cold Front is your ticket to all the cool new outfits in Season 7.
With costumes ranging from Dinoland employee apparel and mascot costumes to other themed looks, there’s something for everyone.
Players can also once again unlock community rewards by working together, so be on the lookout for data discs!
For PC, the premium Survivor Pass: Shakedown is available for $9.99 USD on Steam.
PS4 and Xbox, the premium Survivor Pass: Shakedown is available for 1,000 G-coin through in-game stores
You can get the special bundle, PUBG – Shakedown pack for ($14.99) from the PlayStation Store and the Xbox store.
All players can still earn levels in Season 7 and enjoy new weapons, equipment and strategies. The Survivor Pass allows players to complete unique challenges and earn additional rewards.
Skins And Items
New skins have been added.
- Dinoland T-shirts (Available April 22 until July 22)
- Labor Day skins (Available April 29 until May 27)
- Flying Chicken Neck Pillow
- “Baby Bear” Sleep Mask
- Sleep Mask
Cold Front Mode
Vikendi Map Changes
Vikendi map changes will arrive in the new season.
Better than ever, with updated landmarks, trains and a slight change in season.
- Trains have been added and can be found moving along multiple tracks across Vikendi
- There is a major train line that extends along the perimeter of Vikendi, with 6 connected tracks towards the inland areas of the island
- Trains stop temporarily at train stations across the map
- Reduced snow cover
- Snow cover is reduced more on the Southern areas of the island
- Snowbikes and Snowmobiles have been removed
- Motorcycle and Motorcycle with sidecar will spawn instead, being more versatile vehicles for the updated terrain
- Weather will be either Clear or Snowy.
- Moonlight has been removed for now, but will return with visual improvements at a later date.
- General map optimizations have been made
- You can play the updated Vikendi in custom matches
- A new Cargo Depot has been added
The all-new Vikendi was previously available as part of limited tests with community creators, but anyone can now try it out on the game’s test servers.
Vikendi has seen a big overhaul to its terrain and landmarks, with nine running trains being the biggest addition.
Many of the snow-covered spots have been replaced with grass and dirt, and a number of the bigger spots have been redesigned with more cover and fewer buildings in certain spots.
Dino Park has been expanded into Dinoland, and there’s a new Cargo Depot place.
Snowbikes/Snowmobiles have been removed and Abbey has been relocated to Mount Kreznik
Its second bite of the cherry will hopefully be more successful, especially with the addition of trains that playtesters have described as "being both fun and absolutely ridiculous."
You can read more about it here.
New Weapon - Mosin Nagant
We're also being treated to a new weapon - the Mosin-Nagant.
The Mosin is a bolt-action sniper rifle, which most will commonly know from World War II games, available in Vikendi and Erangel.
The Mosin-Nagant’s stats are a direct copy of the K98’s; this is in an attempt to not dilute the loot pool further.
Having different weapons with the same stats, however, is an experiment and may not continue going forward.
The developer didn’t want to improve diversity at the expense of availability of the fan-favourite weapons.
- All players can contribute to the community gauge to unlock videos and receive community skin rewards
- 1 video, 4 skins can be unlocked by accomplishing the community missions
- To complete, Loot event items in public (normal) matches
- As before, the community mission gauge is filled as such:Disc piece: 1 point
- Broken disc: 2 points
- Old DVD: 3 points
- On the Community Mission tab, you can see your personal contribution score and will earn XP towards your Survivor Pass
- 2000 XP per 50 points contributed
- Players can earn large amounts of XPs when completing Progression Missions
- Tracks 1 and 2 are available to all players and contain a set of 8 missions each that increase in difficulty
- Track 3 is open for Premium Pass holders and contains a set of 10 missions that increase in difficulty
- Milestones are completed when a set goal is achieved related to daily, weekly, and challenge missions.
- Example: Complete total number of 50 missions
- These are ‘Survival’ Themed challenge missions
- Challenge Missions are composed of 16 total missions. Every 4 missions completed will grant a Utility belt and Backpack skin as a reward
Survival Title System
The Survival Title System is being shelved this update, in preparation for a new system making its way in-game in a future update alongside our new Competitive Mode.
Fear not, you can still view all your accrued statistics in the Season tab and if you’re eligible for rewards from Season 6 of the Survival Title System, you’ll receive them once this update hits live servers.
- Overview and Leaderboard tabs of the Season menu have been removed
- A new Leaderboard will arrive with the introduction of Competitive Mode in a future update
April 22 – Additional Update:
- Fixed some cases where players character abnormally earns damage while boarding a train.
- Fixed the issue where players character earns damage when colliding with another character in mid-air
- Fixed an issue on Karakin where the visual state of a destructible wall or floor could look different from player to player.
- Fixed an issue where players could vault to an unintended location within the gym at Pecado on Miarmar
- Fixed an issue where bullets could pass through certain walls at very long-range due to a change in LOD
- Fixed an issue which caused auto-fire mode to change to single after throwing a grenade in Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed an issue which caused a water splashing sound to play when exiting a boat, Aquarail or BRDM on land
- Fixed an issue which could cause multiple map waypoints from the same player to remain visible
April 20 – Additional Update:
- Sticky Bomb now makes an arming sound as it’s thrown
- Fixed an issue which prevented Sticky Bombs from dealing damage when multiple were stacked on top of each other
April 16 – Additional Update:
- Improved FPS hitching issues by improving the memory allocation logic in addition to further improvements for some specific PC configurations
- Fixed occasional client crashing issue when scrubbing replay timelines
Performance & Stability
These changes were added on the 9th April:
- Greatly reduced instances of hitching during gameplay. We will continue to make further optimizations where possible
- Optimized the drop mesh of weapons and attachments in the world to reduce memory usage
- Reverted new blood effects to version used prior to Update 5.3 due to unresolved crashing issuesReverted blood effects include:Overall visual changes
- Environmental blood splatter
- More distinct blood splatters for head and neck shots
Quality of Life Improvements
- Matchmaking can now be cancelled while browsing other menus
- Slight changes have been made to button placement and visuals
- Network Debug UI has been cleaned up to be less intrusive while playing
- The debug information is now enabled by default and can be disabled in the Gameplay tab of the Settings
- Network indicator icons have been removed
- TDM match results will now show players who’ve recently left the match
- Quantity button now works correctly when converting Blue Coupons to BP
- Slight visual changes to Arcade matchmaking UI to be more consistent with public matches
- TDM UI has been improved
- Eliminated decimal points from the scores for better readability
- Panzerfaust and Mosin-Nagant have been added to Training Mode
- Tommy Gun’s icon has been updated to reflect the recently added rails
- Crouching/standing repeatedly while ADS could cause the animation transition to stutter
- No ADS transition animation while using the Canted Sight
- Players could clip through walls/ceilings of buildings by vaulting or using ledge-grab
- Player’s view would momentarily be obstructed by any large backpack while ADS in a Motor Glider
- Players could ADS briefly after entering the BRDM
- When reviving in FPP the camera would sometimes be in the incorrect position
- Healing/boosting prevented the passenger of a buggy from turning correctly
- While prone in TPP players could ADS to unintended angles without their lower body rotating
- Players could unintentionally use AR/DMR/SR in the Motorcycle’s rear seat
- Characters would lean to the left while driving a Motorcycle after breaking destructable fences
- Player’s camera would detach from the character after reloading a weapon while ADS in a Motor Glider
- While holding throwables, in certain situations they could fall to the ground and emit effects for that player, without the grenade actually being used
- Flare Gun could float mid-air while looking at the sky and pressing the ‘Inspect’ key
- When a Molotov was shot mid-air flames wouldn’t propagate on the ground beneath the point of explosion
- Throwable trajectory line wouldn’t line up with the direction the character was facing while in a vehicle
- Player’s body could contort while aiming with a melee weapons while in a vehicles passenger seat
- Tommy Gun’s rear sight would disappear in certain situations
- Footsteps would be muffled after exiting a Motor Glider
- UMP45 gunshots could be heard further away than intended
- Bullet ricochet sounds weren’t being played
- Blank items could sometimes be displayed in the inventory UI
- Current Season menu in the Career tab wouldn’t display this season’s data
- Some BP items would appear to be purchasable when you have insufficient BP to make the purchase
- Red Dot & Holo Sight didn’t mention Tommy Gun under “Attachable Weapons”
- Team UI didn’t display properly in observer mode while observing a player after they’d crashed
- When using a Flare Gun the Special Care Package UI wouldn’t light up green in certain situations
- DBS stats weren’t being recorded
- Win94 kills were being recorded under the DBS
- Sunswiped Sports Jacket was clipping with other items