Sony has just deployed PS4 System Update 9.00. Following news that the PS5's next big system update drops later today - adding 3D audio through TV speakers, internal SSD expansion and PS Remote Play expansions - they've issued a quiet update for their older console too.
Coming in as a 490MB download, that allows PS4 players to access PS5 trophies on the older console, implementing several changes to parental controls too. Updates have also been made to the PS4's Messages features.
PS4 System Software Update 9.00: All You Need To Know
Courtesy of the PS4 console directly (credit to Dualshockers), you can find the full patch notes below:
Main features in the system software update
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4.
- In (Trophies), you can now view PS5 trophies in your trophy list.
- You can also view PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the [Games] tab.
- In (Messages) we’ve updated the following:
- If you’re the owner of a group, you can now delete it. To delete a group, open the options menu and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
- Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won’t leave groups that include other players.
Other updated features
- On an Android or iOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data.
- We’ve made the following improvements to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communications features for a game, their parents or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
- The child will also receive a notification when their parent or guardian accepts, denies, or stops allowing the child to use communication features for a game.
- You can now select whether you’d like to receive notifications on your PS4 or via email about new products and special offers. To do so, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Communication Preferences]