Pokémon has introduced a new mythical Pokémon called Zarude. The jungle monkey will debut in Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle, which releases on Netflix later this year.
While the trailer looks pretty exciting, we're more keen to get our hands on the mythical Pokémon in our games. The Pokémon Company has confirmed that Zarude will be available in both Pokémon Sword and Shield and Pokémon GO, and we can't wait to catch it in both.
If you're looking for a new addition to your Pokémon team or just want to try something different while you wait for the Pokémon Legends: Arceus release date - Zarude is now going to be available in your games, along with a special guest, shiny Celebi.
Here's how to get Zarude in Pokémon GO and Pokémon Sword and Shield:
How To Get Zarude In Pokémon Sword And Shield
This is a Pokémon that can’t be found through normal gameplay in the world of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
Players in Japan got a free code for buying cinema tickets for Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle, but in the rest of the world it's a little different, as the film is releasing on Netflix.
The Pokémon Company has allowed players to grab Zarude (and a shiny Celebi) nice and easily by entering a code.
- Create an account at the Pokemon Trainer Club here – or log in to your existing account. You'll need an account before September 25, 2021
- Head to 'Edit Profile', and then 'Marketing Preference'
- Confirm that “I would like to receive marketing communications, including email messages with the latest news, offers, promotions, events, and games, and other ways to receive marketing communications from The Pokémon Company International.”
- Next, sit tight, and wait until you get a code for the Pokémon on October 7, 2021.
Once the code comes through, it'll net you a level 60 Zarude!
Pokémon GO Zarude Release Date
Zarude will release in Pokémon GO on October 1. It will be available as a part of the Secrets of the Jungle event Special Research.
How to get Zarude in Pokémon GO
You can get Zarude in Pokémon GO by picking up the Secrets of the Jungle Special Research tasks in-game from Oct. 1–10.
You can complete the quests at any time, but you need to log into the game between those dates to pick them up first. Fail to do so and you won't be able to catch your own Zarude until the mythical Pokémon shows up again some time in the future.
Here are the missions and rewards:
- Catch seven different species of Pokémon. (one Sun Stone)
- Catch seven Pokémon. (Diglett)
- Take three snapshots of wild Ground-type Pokémon. (15 PokéBalls)
Rewards: 250 Stardust, 10 Nanab Berries, and Drilbur
- Make five Great Throws in a row. (five Pinap Berries)
- Catch 10 Bug-type Pokémon. (Dwebble)
- Take three snapshots of wild Bug-type Pokémon. (ten Great Balls)
Rewards: 250 Stardust, 10 Razz Berries, and Combee
- Use 20 Berries to help catch Pokémon. (Sunny Cherrim)
- Catch 30 Grass or Bug-type Pokémon. (Vileplume)
- Take three snapshots of wild Grass-type Pokémon. (ten Great Balls)
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 10 Pinap Berries, and Nuzleaf.
- Defeat six Team GO Rocket Grunts. (Ariados)
- Catch 15 Pokémon with Weather Boost. (Butterfree)
- Take three snapshots of wild Flying-type Pokémon. (ten Ultra Balls)
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1 Poffin, and Rufflet.
- Claim Reward! (1000 XP)
- Claim Reward! (1000 XP)
- Claim Reward! (1000 XP)
Rewards: Zarude, ten Zarude Candy, 1000 Stardust.
What is Zarude?
Zarude is a genderless rogue monkey Pokemon - a Dark and Grass-type Pokémon.
Roughly being 5'11" in height and weighing over 154 lbs, it's not to be messed with.
It can grow vines from the back of its neck, its wrists, and the soles of its feet at will. The vines are strong and flexible.
They can be used to wrap around tree branches to move around or to grab Berries from distant branches. They’re useful for many different situations. The vines also have a healing property. If the vines are wrapped around a wound, it will heal.
Zarude is set to feature in the 23rd Pokemon movie.
Zarude lives in a pack deep in the heart of dense forests. It treats anyone that isn’t part of its pack with immediate hostility, attacking right away.
This is why other Pokémon that live in the same forest are afraid of Zarude. When fighting it swings around using trees and their branches, attacking relentlessly with its sharp claws or any other means it has. Its quick wit helps it excel in battles.
His ability 'Leaf Guard' prevents the Pokémon from being afflicted by non-volatile status conditions and Yawn in harsh sunlight (including via the Flame Orb and Toxic Orb).
It has no effect on any current status condition prior to the weather being set up.
If a Pokémon with this Ability is drowsy due to Yawn in harsh sunlight the Ability activates and keeps it awake.
Zarude's signature move is "Jungle Healing".
RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE: Zarude is the king of jungle Pokemon
Once Zarude reaches Lv. 90, it can learn Jungle Healing—a unique move only Zarude can learn.
In this Grass-type status move, the Pokémon wraps its vines around trees and absorbs their energy, then releases that energy combined with its own. Healing power radiates around the area and heals both the user and its ally Pokémon, restoring their HP and curing them of any status conditions.
Note: Within Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, only Zarude can learn Jungle Healing. However, it is possible other Pokémon may be able to learn this move in future games.