Pokemon Go continues to grow and evolve (see what we did there?) into a one-stop-shop for all things Pocket Monsters – and a new quest is live.
Genesect, the Paleozoic Pokémon, is landing as a reward for the new 'A Drive To Investigate' quest.
Here's everything you need to know.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of Pokemon content here!
Pokemon Go: Genesect Special Research Quest
The quest kicks off today, Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone.
Here's everything we know about it:
A ticket to this Special Research story event will grant you access to a unique experience! This event comes with the opportunity to access or earn the following.
- A new Special Research line featuring an early-access encounter with a Genesect—this is Genesect’s first appearance in Pokémon GO!
- A Drive to Investigate medal
- Research objectives that lead to encounters with various Bug- and Steel-type Pokémon, including Pinsir, Scizor, Skarmory, Karrablast, and Shelmet, as well as other Pokémon that appear in the story or are related to Genesect
- Research objectives that lead to an encounter with Durant, which is typically available only in the eastern hemisphere
- Exclusive Genesect-themed avatar items, such as a bag and a cap
- 5 Premium Battle Passes, 3 Super Incubators, 3 Charged TMs, 3 Fast TMs, 3 Incense, 3 Star Pieces, 1 Poffin, 15 Rare Candies, and 1 Glacial Lure
- Encounters with Scyther, Skarmory, Nincada, and Shieldon after completing exclusive Field Research tasks
You will need a ticket to complete the quest, though. Here's how to get one.
- To receive the A Drive to Investigate Special Research, you must open Pokémon GO during the event from Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone. After you’ve collected the Special Research, you can complete it at any time.
- The ticket is US$7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and can be purchased in the shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tickets can be purchased from when they go live until Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Stay tuned for when they go live!
- The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. (Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.)
Research Task Guide – Everything You Need To Do To Unlock Genesect
There are 5 stages to the quest.
- Battle five other trainers
- Catch 25 normal type Pokemon
- Give your buddy Pokemon one treat
This will give you 5 premium raid passes, a Pinsir encounter, and a Genesect cap.
- Power up your Pokemon five times
- Catch 25 fire-type Pokemon
- Send three gifts to friends
This will earn you three charged TMs, a Skarmory encounter, and three super incubators.
- Transfer three Pokemon
- Catch 25 water-type Pokemon
- Hatch an egg
This will earn you three Incense, a Scizor encounter, and a Genesect bag.
- Make three 'Great' throws in a row
- Catch 25 electric-type Pokemon
- Play with your buddy Pokemon
This earns you three fast TMs, a Glacial Lure Module, and an encounter with Genesect.
- Battle a team leader three times
- Catch 25 ice-type Pokemon
- Take three snapshots of Genesect
This will earn you a puffin, ten Genesect Candy, and three Star Pieces.