As you play Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you'll do a lot of battling around Sinnoh Region. This includes the eight gym battles and the Elite Four. The sixth gym you'll need to beat is Canalave City Gym, and it's leader Byron, a master of steel-type Pokémon.
In this guide, we explain how to beat Byron of Canalave City Gym, and how to later beat him in a rematch.
How To Beat Canalave City Gym and Byron
As with many of the other gyms in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you're going to have to engage in a puzzle and a handful of Trainer battles before you face Byron. This puzzle isn't as tricky as those of Veilstone City Gym and Snowpoint City Gym, but we've explained how to do it below:
- Head up and then right, stand on the fourth and right-most yellow platform.
- Go right and down to stand on another yellow platform.
- Go left and past the green-haired trainer towards another yellow platform.
- Travel on the platform directly to your left, then continue left and go down to the next yellow platform.
- Go travel on the platform that is above you and to your left.
- Walk upwards and travel on the platform that is next to the Builder, then on the next platform and past the Black Belt Trainer.
- Head downwards to travel on another platform, then hop on the platform to the right of it, and stand on the platform that this brings you to.
- Travel left past the green-haired trainer and stand on yet another yellow platform.
- Go to your left and stand on the red platform, this will bring you to Byron at long last!
Here are the four Pokémon she throws at you, their type, approximate level, and weaknesses:
|Bronzor||Steel, Psychic||36||Ground, Dark, Fire, Ghost|
|Steelix||Steel, Ground||36||Ground, Fire, Water, Fighting|
|Bastiodon||Steel, Rock||39||Ground, Water, Fighting|
How To Rematch Canalave City Gym and Byron
After defeating the Elite Four and Cynthia in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you'll be crowned the Sinnoh Champion. You will then be able to return to each gym across the Sinnoh Region and rematch all leaders.
Here is Byron's second party of Pokémon that you'll need to prepare for:
|Steelix||Steel, Flying||69||Fire, Electric|
|Skarmory||Steel, Ground||69||Ground, Water, Fire, Fighting|
|Empoleon||Steel, Water||70||Ground, Electric, Fighting|
|Magnezone||Steel, Electric||70||Ground, Fire, Fighting|
|Aggron||Steel, Rock||71||Ground, Water, Fighting|
|Bastiodon||Steel, Rock||72||Ground, Water, Fighting|
That's all you need to know to be able to face or rematch Byron of Canalave City Gym in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl! Between battling, we recommend taking time to explore the Grand Underground, stroll with your Pokémon in Amity Square, or try to earn yourself some extra cash.