A new Outriders update (v1.05) started rolling out on Friday evening.
This new patch to the game made quite a few changes (as you can see on the patch notes below), but the big tweak involved taking cross-platform play offline.
Namely, with the release of this patch, Crossplay between PlayStation and PC is now possible. Although it won't work for Xbox players as Crossplay between Xbox and PC/PlayStation has been temporarily disabled.
According to the devs, Crossplay between Consoles and PC will be fully restored once the Xbox patch has gone live. Although there’s no timeframe for when that might be.
If you've managed to snag yourself a PS5 console and wondering where your new update is, then here's the rub, it's not yet available.
"The deployment of the PS5 patch tonight has unfortunately been delayed but we are working hard to still deliver it asap this weekend." the team explained on Twitter. "The PS5 patch is required to stabilize multiplayer/crossplay with patched PS4s & PC versions and we are doing our utmost to not keep you waiting."
In the meantime, keep reading and take a look at the latest patch notes to help pass the time.
We’ll keep you up to date as more information becomes available
Outriders Patch Notes: PS4 and PC
- With the release of this patch, Crossplay between PlayStation and PC is now possible.
- Crossplay between Xbox and PC/PlayStation has been temporarily disabled until the Xbox patch has released.
- Crossplay between consoles and PC will be fully restored once the Xbox patch has gone live.
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the "A Bad Day" side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man's Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more "random" crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from "Open" to "Closed".
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to "Open" through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn't intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by "open" games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
Read more: Should you use DirectX 12 for Outriders?