NetherRealm has also announced today some next-gen enhancements coming to the game to make it ready for the launch of PS5 and Xbox Series X this November.
On a basic level, the trailer and website boil it down to four key points:
- 4K Dynamic Resolution
- Enhanced Visuals
- Significantly Improved Loading Times
- Cross-Platform and Cross-Gen Compatibility
However, if you dig a little deeper on the games support pages, you'll find a bit more info that outlines a bit more info about these upcoming enhancements.
Here's the gist:
- PS5 Upgrade Available – Delivering 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on PS4 and PS4 Pro can also access a free upgrade to the PS5 version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
- Xbox Series X|S Smart Delivery Enabled – Providing 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Additionally, Mortal Kombat 11 owners and new buyers on Xbox One consoles will have access to free updates on Xbox Series X|S, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
- Krossplay Support – Allowing PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One players to fight against other players on opposite platforms in select modes.
All of these updates will be free to Mortal Kombat 11 players, but it's also worth noting that the games new Kombat Pack 2 DLC is available to pre-order from 15th Oct.