Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin has seen steady post-launch support since releasing last July. Selling over one million copies since launch, last month's Update 1.4.0 added new subquests and monsters, but Capcom's now released Update 1.5.0 earlier today.
Listed as only releasing on Nintendo Switch, that comes in as a tiny 0.2GB update. Alongside further monsters, players can find new co-op quests and subquests too. some of which unlock on October 28th instead. There's also the usual round of bug fixes too.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 Version 1.5.0 Is Now Live, Adding New Quests and Monsters
As outlined by Capcom, here's the full patch notes for Version 1.5.0 below:
- (High Difficulty) Fatalis
Note: This is a Co-Op Quest exclusive monster.
- Silver Rathalos
- Gold Rathian
Additional Co-Op Quests
- ★9 (Turn) Fatalis
- ★9 (Explore) Deviant Den
- ★9 (Explore) Rare/Subspecies Den
- ★9 (Slay) Silver Rathalos
- ★9 (Slay) Gold Rathian
- ★9 (Turn) Yin and Yang
- ★8 (Special) Whetting My Appetite
- ★8 Shining Silver Sun
- ★8 Full Golden Moon
- ★8 (Special) A Corny Request
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to enter into battle with Jade Barroth when they make contact with a Ruby Basarios in the “(Explore) Water Eggs” Co-Op Quest.
- Fixed a bug that prevents the player from moving when they use a Catavan Stand to travel to a different location immediately after breaking all the monster parts in the S. Elder’s Lair – Z6 trial.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.