Monster Hunter Stories 2 has 6 weapons to try out and master. They are broken into Blade, Ranged and Blunt weapons, with the Gunlance belonging to the ranged category. It's an interesting weapon, allowing players to build up ammo and release it via powerful skill attacks. You may be confused as to how this works at first, given that it's different to how it works in the mainline series. To clear things up, here's how to build Gunlance ammo in Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: How to Get Gunlance Ammo
To get ammo for the Gunlance in Monster Hunter Stories 2 you will need to wait one turn. This will fill the ammo gauge by one. Winning Head-to-Heads will add to this further, building more ammo when you successfully pull one off. You can then head into the Skills menu and fire off powerful attacks.
There’s plenty more Monster Hunter Stories 2 Guides content right here at Gfinity. Head to our Walkthrough Hub for more.
There's a handful of skills that you can use with the Gunlance, each requiring a certain amount of ammo to pull off. Here's what you'll be working with:
- Shelling (P,T,S) - Hits one enemy, uses 2 ammo
- Wyrmstake Cannon (P,T,S) - Hits one enemy, uses 5 ammo. Win a HtH to greatly charge Kinship Gauge
- Burst Fire (P,T,S) - Hits all enemies, uses 5 ammo. Win a HtH to greatly charge Kinship Gauge
- Seal (P,T,S) - Seals a foe's attack
- Wyvern's Fire - Heavy Damage to all enemies, uses one Kinship gauge
Wyvern's Fire is an extremely powerful Gunlance Skill that deals heavy damage to all enemies. It is equivalent to a Kinship Skill in power, and requires a full Kinship Gauge to pull off. Give it a try on Monster Parts that are weak to range damage.