After a much anticipated wait, Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is finally here. Launching today on PC and Nintendo Switch, Capcom's got post-launch plans in mind for it, and the Day One update has just arrived. Thankfully, compared to some games, it's not especially big.
If you've already started diving in and need some assistance, you can check out our Monster Hunter Stories 2 guides. The game's playable without this patch, but if you do download it, that comes in at 500MB, featuring some minor changes and bug fixes. Calling this Version 1.0.3, we've got the full patch notes below.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets A Day-One Nintendo Switch Update
- In order to use DLC and play online, you need to update Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin to the latest version.
- You can check which version you are currently using by navigating to the Stories 2 icon on the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch and pressing the + Button.
- Online gameplay requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can play local multiplayer, as long as every player uses the same version of the software.
- If you purchased the digital version, the total amount of required space adds up to about 14.5 GB. Please make sure you have enough empty space before you download the update.
Main Additions / Changes
- Access to the content from the Deluxe Kit, as well as the add-on content such as the pre-order bonus.
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Loading times have been reduced (this fix has already been applied to the Trial Version).
- Minor bug fixes have been made.