Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has just had a new patch, bringing with it a number of playlist changes and balancing tweaks to weapons.
All of the updates are now live on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Call of Duty's latest playlist update includes the return of the classic game mode Capture The Flag, Customised Gunfight, Shipment 24/7 and a Lunar New Year Sale.
It's also seen the insanely powerful Crossbow get nerfed.
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range#
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed
The name of the game is very simple and is pretty much given away in the title.
The new mode is a blend between Team Deathmatch and Domination.
Where Domination has often been a source of great fun for some, it can be a painful experience for others; especially when playing solo.
Deathmatch Domination actually promotes players to slay out their opponents, as this will also contribute to the team score.
It's easy to see how this will just turn into a faster version of Team Deathmatch with more regulated spawns, but that's not exactly a bad thing.
What Else Is Included?
Recently, Capture The Flag was added to Modern Warfare.
Shipment 24/7 will be returning for players to fight it out in this chaotic close-quarter map.
A new variant of Gunfight will also arrive called "Customized Gunfight". The new mode will now allow players to create a loadout before entering a fight.
Finally, a new bundle will be added to celebrate the Lunar New Year. This will include charms, emblems, a calling card, two-tier skips and more.
Considering Season 2 is around the corner, it may have made more sense to hold on to these modes.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Modern Warfare page.