Black Ops Cold War has made some big changes to the prestige system from Modern Warfare – namely, it reintroduces one after its absence last year.
That doesn't mean it's back to basics though, with the new Prestige system offering seasonal challenges to help players hit the rank reset, before getting a new set of objectives for the next season.
Here's all we know so far.
Black Ops Cold War: How To Prestige In Latest Call of Duty Multiplayer
Players will still need to hit level 55 to hit their first Prestige, which is now known as "Season Level 1".
Unlike older games in the franchise, this doesn't mean your rank will be entirely reset along with your weaponry.
Instead, you'll keep what you've earned and get the chance to level all over again.
In the run-up to Season 1, Black Ops Cold War will offer the following rewards:
- Prestige 1: Sticker/Emblem and Prestige Key (Season Level 1)
- Prestige 2: Weapon Blueprint (Nightfall), Sticker/Emblem and Prestige Key (Season Level 50)
- Prestige 3: Sticker/Emblem and Prestige Key (Season Level 100)
Prestige Keys can be used in a new Prestige Shop to unlock various customisation items for your soldier, specifically emblems and icons.
Here are the rewards we know of for Season 1:
- Season Level 50: Sticker/Emblem, Prestige Key and Weapon Blueprint
- Season Level 100: Sticker/Emblem and Prestige Key
- Season Level 150: Sticker/Emblem and Prestige Key
- Season Level 200: Sticker/Emblem, Prestige Key and Prestige Master title.
Interestingly, players will be able to contribute to their Prestige whether they're playing Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, or even last year's Modern Warfare.
This cross-progression comes into effect once Season 1 launches.