Seeing off the Beyond the Bandlewood expansion, the Legends of Runterra 3.8.0 patch notes are here to usher in the age of the Worldwalker expansion. If you're ready for information overload, read on down below to find out everything you need to know about the big new add-on to Riot's digital card game.
Below, we're going to try our hardest to surmise the LoR 3.8 patch notes into an easily digestible form for at-a-glance reading as you head into your post-Worldwalker matches. After that, we'll divulge the finer details for the min/maxers out there who need to know it all.
Looking for more on Runeterra and the many other mobile CCGs out there? Check out our list of the best mobile card games on Android and iOS to pick up a few new hobbies. And for the Yugioh fans out there, our Master Duel tier list can get you started in the standout multi-platform release of the year.
LoR 3.8 Highlights - What's New for Runeterra Worldwalker?
- Worldwalker expansion
- New cards
- New Mechanics & Keywords like Origin, Spawn, and Boons
- New Challenges, Quests, and AI Decks
- The Path of Champions 2.0
- Card Updates
- Pulsefire Event
- Region Roads
- Deck Bundles
- Sunsetting Expeditions
- Bug fixes
Alongside individual cards, Champions make up a major part of the Legends of Runeterra experience, and LoR 3.8 introduced four more to the pile. Here's what we know:
- Jhin uses The Origin to add any card with Skills back into your deck. It's a powerful ability on paper, but it'll likely take a while for players to really figure out its true strength.
- As expected, Annie brings the lovable monstrosity Tibbers down to melt foes in a currently unexplained way.
- Bard uses his musical allies to increase the stats of the cards in your hand by way of Chimes.
- Illaoi relies on the devastating tentacles of The Mother Serpent Nagakabouros to smash up the enemy Nexus.
LoR 3.8 Mechanics and Keywords
Always added in an effort to spice up the meta and breathe new life into the strategic nature of the game. This time around, three new additions have arrived - detailed below:
Runeterran Champions and Origins
Both Bard and Jhin don't belong to a specific region of Runeterra, making them Runeterran Champions. These region-less heroes still count toward your deck's Region limit, however, but their 'Origin' is ultimately what decides which cards you can include in your deck alongside them.
The Spawn keyword causes powerful tentacles to emerge, increasing power to "incredible heights."
Explaining Bard's unique mechanic, Boons are little traps that attached to cards in your deck, activating whenever they're drawn into your hand. For this first one, Bard's Chimes simply buff the booned cards.
Path of Champions 2.0
Initially introduced in November 2021, the Path of Champions 2.0 release adds new regions like Noxus, Demacia, Piltover, Zaun, Ionia, and Bilgewater. Level Levels arrive to power up your entire Champion roster, and Champion Star Levels have been introduced to grant your favourite Champions unique abilities and "new legs of their personal adventures."
The first Legends of Runeterra patch of Worldwalker includes over 65 new cards to introduce the cycle's new features, keywords, and mechanics. They're far too deep and complex to include here without things getting too muddy, but you can check out the lot of Mobalytics ahead of launch.
Legends of Runeterra 3.8 Patch Notes
Launching alongise LoR 3.8 is the Pulsefire Event. Its main allure is the Pulsefire Akshan skin, but you'll gather up high-tech emotes, guardians, card backs (not packs), and "so much more..." as you work your way through it.
Legends of Runeterra 3.8 Patch Notes
LoR 3.8 Patch Notes
- Changes to Play/Cast coming in a future patch
- Next major balance patch set for 3.10.0 (scheduled for late June)
- Pirate Aggro changes
- Crackshot Corsair - Base Stats reduced from 1-2 to 1-1
- Imperial Demolitionist - Base Stats reduces from 2-3 to 2-2
- Start Date: May 24, 2022
- End Date: June 29, 2022 at 10am PT / 6pm BST
- More free nodes to Event Passes
- No longer extending Region Roads
New Skins and Personalization Items
- Champion Skins
- Pulsefire Jhin
- Pulsefire Caityln
- Pulsefire Aphelios
- Pulsefire Thresh
- Pulsefire Akshan (Pulsefire Event skin)
- The Chronosphere (interactive elements, visual effects, and music)
- Tibbers (Protective)
- Pulsefire Tibbers (Frenzied)
- Pulsefire Chip (Unchanging)
- Card Backs
- Pulsefire Virtuoso
- Pulsefire Siblings
- Pulsefire Rogue
- Pulsefire Truthseeker
- Scrol of Runeterra (awarded to Path of Champions 1.0 clears)
- Plaque of Runeterra (awarded to those who defeated Gangplank in Path of Champions 1.0)
- Gem of Runeterra (awarded to those who defeated Viktor in The Path of Champions 1.0)
- Wait for It
- This Again?
- Scoped Out?
- Adventuring! (awarded to those who defeated Viktor with three Champions in Path of Champions 1.0.)
- Timewalker Bundle (Pulsefire Jhin, Pulsefire Caitlyn, Pulsefire Aphelios, Pulsefire Thresh, Pulsefire Lucian, and Champion cards for those)
- Deadly Fire Deck (comes with Pulsefire Jhin skin)
Miscellaneous and Removals
- With LoR 3.8, Expeditions can no longer be accessed.
- End of A Curious Journey season
- Beginning of Worldwalker season
- A hand counter now shows when clicking to inspect your deck
- Tournaments will now take place in a single weekend with Open Rounds on Saturday and Playoffs on Sunday.
- Fixed an issue where a white circle was appearing in the center of the board for some tutorials.
- Fixed an issue where Encroaching Mist wasn’t properly displaying the Ephemeral icon.
- Fixed an issue where discarding cards that replace themselves wasn’t allowing Jinx to level up to Level 2.
- Swiftwing Lancer can no longer create itself.
- Fixed an issue where Overgrown Snapvine was soft locking the game upon emerging from Buried In Ice.
- Shadow Apprentice now has a previously missing effect icon.
- Winds of War now correctly heals your ally regardless of whether the enemy is there when the spell resolves.
- Ram Stance now resolves even if the selected unit leaves play.
- Transposition now uses the reduced cost of a unit which has had its cost reduced.
- Fixed an issue where Daybreak triggers from Morning Light was activating Leona’s level up progress.
- Added an error message when a player tries to move a challenged blocker.
- Fixed an issue causing players to crash while viewing art in the Collection
And that's about all there is to say on the LoR 3.8 patch notes for now. We'll likely have a lot more to touch on once the update has had time to settle in. For no, though, check out what's new with the TFT 12.10 patch notes if you're obsessed with all things League of Legends.