Dr. Mundo is the next champion to receive a VGU from Riot Games, and his reworked abilities stay true to his nature.
"This monosyllabic monstrosity seems to want nothing more than pain—both the giving of it, and the receiving of it." His lore states.
Primarily played as a top lane champion, this self-proclaimed doctor goes where he pleases and nothing is changing with his rework.
Dr. Mundo is the Latest Champion to Receive a Visual Gameplay Update Coming in Patch 11.12
As with all VGU's both abilities and animations have been reworked.
Passive - Goes Where He Pleases
- Dr. Mundo resists the next immobilizing effect that hits him, instead losing current health and dropping a chemical cannister nearby. Dr. Mundo can pick it up by walking over it, restoring a portion of maximum health and reducing this passive's cooldown. Enemies moving over the cannister destroy it.
Dr. Mundo also has increased health regeneration based on his maximum health.
A more interesting passive than just straight hp regeneration, which uses his famous line "Mundo goes where he pleases"
Q - Infected Bonesaw
- Dr. Mundo throws an infected bonesaw, dealing magic damage to the first enemy hit based on their current health and slowing them.
Much like how the Q has historically worked, but by the looks of it he will no longer lose health as well.
W - Heart Zapper
- Dr. Mundo electrocutes himself for a few seconds, dealing persistent magic damage to nearby enemies and storing a portion of damage he takes as grey health. At the end of the duration, Dr. Mundo deals a burst of magic damage to nearby enemies and heals his grey health if an enemy is hit (heal reduced if only minions or monsters are hit). Dr. Mundo can recast Heart Zapper to end its effects early.
Inspired by the original W Burning Agony, however, this new ability focuses on more burst windows instead of a constant stream of damage.
E - Blunt Force Trauma
- Passive - Dr. Mundo has bonus attack damage, increasing based on his missing health.
- Active - Dr. Mundo slams his “medical” bag into an enemy, dealing physical damage based on his missing health. If the enemy dies they are swatted away, dealing this ability's minimum damage to enemies they pass through.
No more headbutting... This new ability stil has the same ideas behind it with increasing attack damage, however the new active will help mundo specifically in his laning phase against champions that would traditionally bully and range him.
R - Maximum Dosage
- Dr. Mundo pumps himself with chemicals, instantly healing a percent of his missing health. He then heals a portion of his maximum health over a long duration, gaining bonus movement speed and attack damage while healing.
Basically the same ult as before, minus costing health on use.
An exciting time for Mundo mains, you can read the full post here and check out all the updated skins.
Old players on Dr.Mundo will find themselves right at home when they pick up the champion after the update, and new players will find the modern update more pleasing.
Players should expect patch 11.12 to go live on Wednesday the 9th of June.
For more articles like this, take a look at our League of Legends page.