Wondering what has changed in the Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 May 24 update patch notes? We've got you covered. As Season 3 Reloaded enters its final stages, Infinity Ward and Raven Software have released another update for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 in a bid to address numerous issues with the battle royale and multiplayer.
Unlike the larger updates, there's no need to spend any time downloading it. A quick restart when loading up the game is all that's required for one of the last updates before the launch of Season 4.
Before we take a closer look at the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 May 24 patch notes, don't forget to check out our other guides showcasing the current Warzone 2 meta and all there is to know about the next Modern Warfare 2 double XP event.
Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 May 24 patch notes
- Adjusted pick up weapon prompt to no longer overlap with the killfeed
- Fixed tracking for Cronen Squall Mastery Challenges
- Fixed an issue where splashes for some GS Magna unlocks was not displaying
- Fixed an issue where pressing back or “esc” when in the Store tab would not take the Player back to Weapon Select in the Loadout menu
- Addressed some issues with navigation and flow of the Battle Pass
- Fixed an issue where Ranked Play wins were not tracking correctly on Gun Screens
- Fixed some issues where the tool tip message would not disappear correctly
- Fixed the Throwing Star icon to display correctly in the killfeed
- Fixed an issue where the locked icon was not correctly displaying in Drop Zone
- Fixed a visibility issue with the bomb icon in Search and Destroy
- Fixed an issue causing Players username and level to overlap on the scoreboard in Ground War
- Fixed an invalid bomb pickup location in Cyber Attack on Pelayo’s Lighthouse that could cause a crash for some Players.
- Fixed an issue where some Players could not leave a Private Match of CDL Hardpoint
- Fixed an issue that caused Zombie Players in Infected to be able to cut their chutes and attack human Players from the air
- Added several adjustments to improve enemy combatant behavior (especially arrival via helicopter) in Invasion on Rohan Oilfields
- Fixed an issue where “CDL Rules in Effect” splash was appearing while matchmaking for Faceoff
- Fixed an issue where Players were unable to load into Cooperative missions after acquiring a Secure Backpack in DMZ
- Mitigate a known disconnect issue in DMZ
- Addressed frequency of Battle Royale final circles over water
- Fixed an issue affecting FPS for some players at the start of matches and when editing loadouts
Battle Royale - Ranked play
Match Ruleset Adjustments
- Specific Thermal Optics
- SZ Holotherm
- VX350 Thermal Optic
- Teplo-op3 Scope
- Thermo-Optic X9
- Teplo Clear Shot
- Drexsom Prime-90
- These Optics attachments will appear unrestricted in custom loadouts menus until a future update but will be restricted in-game and show as restricted in loadouts once you're in a match.
- Specific Thermal Optics
- Cluster Mines
- Bomb Drones
- Social Features
- Global Text Chat
SR (Skill rating)
- Updated Final Placement SR
- We're increasing the SR earned for early Placement Milestones to streamline the distribution of SR players receive throughout the match.
- Updated Placement SR:
- Top 40: 10
- Top 30: 20
- Top 20: 30
- Top 10: 40
- Top 5: 50
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from utilizing Weapon Tuning in the Warzone Ranked Play Loadout menus.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to obtain rocks when a new Gulag round occurred.
- Fixed an issue where portions of the post match flow could play out of order
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused the Warzone Ranked Trios description to loop
- Fixed an issue where Players could not navigate to View Profile from the Squad Missions in-game menu
- Fixed an issue in which the Black Keycard inside the Koschei Complex was only dropping in used condition and not pristine/unused
- Fixed an issue in which killing the Vulture boss first would cause the doors to the stairwell will not unlock upon killing the Rusher in Koschei Complex
- Added a callout for when indicate when the Rhinoceros boss is regenerating health
There you have it, that's a full overview of the changes made in the Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 May 24 patch notes. For more Call of Duty, take a look at our guides highlighting the best Warzone 2 ranked play loadouts and the best Modern Warfare 2 SMG for close-range combat.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides , Call of Duty: Warzone 2 , and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 pages.