If you want to know how to beat the Legion in Remnant 2, then here is a complete guide. Remnant 2 is known for challenging yet exciting enemy encounters, from major world bosses to smaller mini-bosses scattered across different zones. A spectacular and formidable boss that players discover a few hours into the game is Legion.
Legion is a tough early-game boss that can attack relentlessly with multiple mechanics. It can give you a tough time if you're unprepared for it. Aside from a variety of attacks, it inflicts the Madness status effect, which makes the fight trickier. However, with our guide, we will provide you with all the tips you need to know before heading into the boss arena.
How to beat Legion in Remnant 2
If you're struggling with Legion, here are some quick tips to help you:
- Make use of the pillars in the boss arena. As soon as the cutscene ends, hide behind one of the pillars to avoid staring at the glowing boss portal. Viewing the portal builds up Madness, which can deal tons of damage to you, so try hiding when the bar starts to max out. Patience is key.
- Shoot the glowing circle whenever you have the opportunity. Although the portal of the boss builds up Madness, it is also your best chance to chip away at Legion’s HP.
- Hitting the boss directly hardly does any damage, so you want to ensure that you're shooting the glowing portal. Alternate shooting and hiding behind pillars, in order to limit the Madness buildup.
- Deal with the minions first. The boss spawns minions that attack you constantly during the fight. While hiding behind cover, be sure to take out those minions as soon as they spawn. If you ignore them and solely focus on the boss, they will quickly gang up on you.
- Dodge the shockwave that Legion sends toward you. Each time this boss spawns new enemies, a red shockwave will be hurled towards you. Wait for the shockwave to get close and then roll dodge towards it as it's about to hit you. Having a lightweight armour set for quick rolls is recommended for this fight.
Although the Legion in Remnant 2 can be a tough boss fight, and it might take you a few tries to get used to its attack pattern, with this guide you can easily conquer it. Other than the fire orbs and red shockwaves, the Madness status effect is the only real threat during this battle. This is easily avoidable by looking away from the boss and taking cover behind the pillars.
So with this strategy, you're on your way to easily beat the Legion in Remnant 2. While you're here, be sure to take a look at how to beat Mother Mind and how to solve the music puzzle in the Lost Temple.