The appearance of the Modern Warfare 2 November 4 patch notes marks the first post-launch update for Infinity Ward's latest offering. The first few days of the cycle have been far from smooth sailing with riot shield players turning invincible and players sharing their frustrations surrounding the lack of barracks leaving them unable to check their K/D ratio.
With Season One on the horizon, the developer hasn't shared official information on what the update includes but players are already speculating on what changes are in store.
Modern Warfare 2 November 4 patch notes
We’ve addressed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms including the bug that caused certain players partied-up in-game to crash when matchmaking. Last night’s update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing. We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed known freezing issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- A recent NVIDIA hotfix addressed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on drivers 526.61.
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Be sure to follow our friends at Beenox for additional updates for MW2 on PC.
- We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon-balancing with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week we disabled the attachment tuning feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at once. We re-enabled attachment tuning in last night’s update so players should not encounter further issues equipping attachments on a weapon.
- Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping remained on some players after death. KBM players are currently still able to danger ping.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after a player is revived in certain modes.
- We have added Breenbergh Hotel into Third Person Moshpit
- There are no significant map changes, but we have patched various exploits and geometry bugs in the days since launch. We’ll continue to address small fixes through daily updates.
- We continue to refine our UI and will have more details in the Season 01 launch notes.
Modern Warfare 2 UI changes
One of the biggest talking points is the clunky Modern Warfare 2 UI. With rumours of the developer planning a complete overhaul of the menus, Infinity Ward says changes to the UI are arriving as part of the Season One update.
Modern Warfare 2 November 4 update size
The size of the Modern Warfare 2 November 4 update varies massively depending on platform. For PlayStation and PC users, the update is approximately 800MB in size but for Xbox users, the update requires nearly 50GB of space. Make sure you've got enough space before starting the download.
That's all we know about the Modern Warfare 2 November 4 update so far. Check back once the official patch notes arrive. In the meantime, take a look at our guides highlighting the best Modern Warfare 2 assault rifle and the latest intel on Modern Warfare 2 double XP events.