With Ragnarok closer than ever, Kratos and Atreus' latest adventure extends to all the realms of Norse mythology. While you could only visit three realms in the first game, this time you can visit nine realms in order. One of them is Muspelheim, the home of eternal wrath. Let's take a look at how to get to Burning Cliffs in God of War Ragnarok, which will warm you to the core.
Although it seems to be a very good place to escape the cold of the Fimbulwinter, Muspelheim isn't very good for tourists. You can go to this place, which you'll visit with Atreus in the eighth chapter of the main story, any time after you unlock it. Why would you go to a place covered with fire giants and lava? Because there's so much to discover there.
How to get to Burning Cliffs in God of War Ragnarok
What you can do in Muspelheim is divided into two areas. The first is the area that includes Burning Cliffs and where the main story progresses. The second is an area called The Crucible, where there are various challenges. You'll get XP and rewards when you complete the missions here.
To get to the Burning Cliff in God of War Ragnarok, you need to have progressed about 10-12 hours into the main story. This is because you'll go to Muspelheim with Atreus in the eighth chapter. We don't want to give away too many spoilers, because this journey holds many unexpected surprises.
Once you've reached the warmest of the nine realms, you might want to do a little exploring instead of quickly finishing the story. Because there are some pretty fun puzzles and great rewards.
Here are all the collectibles and their locations in Burning Cliffs:
- Legendary Chest: Go down the gateway, turn right and jump over the lava. If you continue straight ahead, you'll find a cave and the chest that glows yellow. It contains Divine Ashes or Muspelheim Seeds.
- Odin’s Raven: Go to the wall to the right of the chest and look over it. You'll see Odin's Raven standing on the stone in the lava.
- Nornir’s Chest: Turn around and go through the crack in the cave wall. Go down to the left, past the flowing lava. Then break the stone on the right side with your spear. If you follow the path, you'll find the chest with a simple puzzle.
Aside from these three, there's something else you can find in this region, but it won't come out until you finish the main story. We won't mention the name here because it contains spoilers, but revisit Burning Cliffs after completing the game.
How to get The Crucible in God of War
Even if you go to Muspelheim with the story flow, The Crucible won't unlock. To take part in the challenges you remember from the first game, you'll have to find the seed consisting of two parts. Don't worry, it's not a very difficult or long journey.
You can find the first Muspelheim Seed right at the beginning of the game. To do so, follow the steps below in Svartalfheim:
- Go to the Boy of Bounty area.
- While you're here, the In Service of Asgard Favor side quest will begin.
- Go to Modvitnir's Rig to complete the quest. When you're here, you'll see a wooden silo. Climb on it.
- Ta-da! You will find the Legendary Chest and the first Muspelheim Seed.
After you open the chest and get the seed, the side quest The Crucible will be activated automatically. So you can go in search of the second seed. Of course, don't forget to finish the mission of our fantastic dwarven friends first.
To find the second part of the Muspelheim Seed, you'll have to scroll through the main story for a while. We don't want to give spoilers about the story here, so we'll tell it as briefly as possible.
- Advance in the main story and complete the quest Forging Destiny.
- Return to the Bay of Bounty with the new spear you earned.
- Go to Dragon Beach and find the wooden structure near the Nornir Chest.
- Climb on it and use your spear whenever you need it.
- Then find the giant dwarf statue and continue to the left.
- After exploring the Alberich Hollow location, go inside and get the second Muspelheim Seed from the legendary chest.
While you're here, you'll be able to complete challenges with different difficulty levels, gain new skills, and improve your combat abilities.
That's all about how to get to Burning Cliffs in God of War for now. Do not forget to choose them according to your own play style. You can find more guides to the great adventure of Kratos and Atreus on our God of War Ragnarok page.