If you just want to be by yourself for a while, getting into a solo public lobby in GTA Online is a good idea. By nature, GTA Online is a game where you need to be in a lobby with other players.
However, you can only deal with GTA Online's trolls for so long. Although most activities need you to be in a public lobby, other players can quickly drain the fun out of what's meant to be an enjoyable experience. It doesn't have to be that way, thoug.
Here's how you can get into a solo public lobby in GTA Online.
How to Get into a Solo Public Lobby in GTA Online
You need to be inside a building that you own in GTA Online. Otherwise, you'll just be sent back to the story mode and have to start the process over again.
Once you're in your building, here's what you need to do:
- Make your way to the Task Manager by using the Alt-Tab buttons on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the "Performance" tab.
- At the bottom, click "Open Resource Monitor".
- Find the GTA.exe process, then right-click, and select "Suspend Process."
- After waiting a few seconds, right-click once more and select "Resume Process."
- Return to the game, and you’ll now have your own session!
This process usually works for everyone who's on a PC. However, if you're on a console and you want to enter a solo public lobby, here's what you need to do.
- Load into GTA 5 Story Mode with an Ethernet cable connected.
- Unplug the cable, and connect to a wireless network.
- Join a public GTA Online session and head into a building you own.
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable to your console, and all players should be kicked from your lobby.
- After a few more seconds, you should be in your own public lobby.
These methods do not guarantee you a public lobby for the entire time. There's a chance that others might join you at a later point in your session.
For now, these two are the most effective methods of joining a solo public lobby. Now that you know what to do and how to do it, go make some money for yourself in GTA Online without worrying too much about trolls and other players.