THQ Nordic and Appeal Studios announced Outcast 2: A New Beginning during the publisher's 10th anniversary showcase. Outcast 2 takes place 20 years after the original and follows Cutter Slade as he returns to Adelpha after his death in the original.
The Yods revived Cutter, but his new mission is one he couldn't have counted on. The Talans, the people of Adelpha, have been enslaved, and Cutter's past is catching up with him.
Outcast 2: A New Beginning Brings the Dormant Franchise Back to Life
Here's how THQ Nordic described Outcast 2's features:
Use your jetpack to jump, air-dash, glide, and quickly traverse the fantastic in-game open world
- Combine dozens of different modules to create your own personal weapon for taking down the robot invaders
- Have total control to approach the story at your own pace in this non-linear world
- Explore the world without boundaries, discover hidden temples and dangerous wildlife
- Get familiar with the Talan culture while helping them free their villages and gain access to ancient Talan powers that use forces of nature to destroy your enemies
- Experience a beautiful, hand-crafted world accompanied by an epic soundtrack by Outcast's original composer, Lennie Moore