eFootball has taken the dubious "honour" of being ranked Metacritic's Worst Game of 2021. As a review aggregation site, Metacritic pours over the weighted average scores for each game from critics and this year, Konami's rebranded edition of Pro Evolution Soccer has taken the crown.
Launched back in September, eFootball's initial release was criticised for various bugs and missing content, with Konami themselves admitting it was more like a demo. Becoming Steam's worst-rated game, that led to the publisher issuing an apology.
Sorry eFootball, Metacritic’s Ranked You as 2021’s Worst Game
Scoring a 25 Metascore on PC, it was comfortably ahead of second place entry Balan Wonderworld, which saw a 36 Metascore on Switch. Meanwhile, Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood came third on PS4, scoring 42 Metascore.
You can find the full list below:
- eFootball 2022 (PC) - 25
- Balan Wonderworld (Switch) - 36
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4) - 42
- Taxi Chaos (PS4) - 42
- Of Bird and Cage (PC) - 44
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition (Switch) - 47
- I Saw Black Clouds (PS4) - 48
- Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace (PC) - 48
- Demon Skin (PC) - 48
- Necromunda: Hired Gun (PS4) - 49