For one reason or another, sometimes you just need to log out of Fortnite Season 6.
It could be to do with a new update being released, or even because you need to switch accounts.
Whatever the reason, it's nothing you need to worry about, because it's actually a lot easier than you might initially think.
Even then, in a bid to help anyone looking to log out on Nintendo Switch, we've created this quick guide to help you get out and then back into the game as quickly as possible.
Here's everything you need to know, including two possible solutions to your pesky problem.
How To Log Out Of Fortnite on Switch?
Solution 1 - Do you even need to log out?
Assuming you just want to log in briefly to someone else's Epic account (say, at a friend's house?), it might be easier to just create a new user profile on the Switch.
Create the profile and then download Fortnite for that new profile. When you go to log in, you'll be prompted to enter your Epic account details.
Obviously the drawback with this option is you'll need to keep switching profiles. So if you need a more permanent solution, the next option might be better for you.
How to unlink your Epic Games account from your Nintendo account
The below steps come from the Nintendo Support website directly, so you can be sure they're exactly everything you need to know.
- On a PC, visit https://www.epicgames.com/account/.
- Select the Nintendo Switch icon to sign in to the account associated with your Nintendo Account.
- Select "Sign In" when prompted to sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Enter the e-mail address and password associated with your Nintendo Account.
- Select "I agree," if prompted to confirm that you would like share information with Epic Games.
- If you are attempting to unlink an account that was automatically created, you will be prompted to enter an e-mail address and display name. Complete this process to continue.
- After you have signed into your account on Epic Game's website, select "Connected Accounts" from the options on the left.
- Select the "Disconnect" option below the Nintendo Switch icon.If you have not done so yet, you will need to verify your e-mail address prior to disconnecting your Nintendo Account.
- Select each of the 4 boxes to confirm you understand what data will be lost when an account is unlinked.
- Select "Unlink."
- If successful, "Connect" will be displayed below the Nintendo Switch Icon to indicate a Nintendo Account is no longer linked.
And that's it! You should now be good to go and ready to claim your next victory royale.
If you need to log out of Fortnite on mobile (be it iOS or Android) we've sorted a guide for that too; so give that a click if you're in a jam with your mobile account.