After all the excitement around the v12.20 patch for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2, which most notably introduced Choppasto the skies, players cannot wait for the latest patch.
We've got the lowdown and patch notes for v12.21, which goes live today, March 24. Unfortunately, it doesn't look quite as exciting as the last patch, so maybe Epic are saving some stuff for the future.
Contrary to rumours, no weapons have been unvaulted, and the only major changes are bug fixes. However, we're expecting big things from v12.22, whenever that should appear. Until then, we'll just have to live with bug fixes and some very rewarding challenges - oh, and a golden skeleton king.
These bug fixes have been noted on the team's official Trello, which is our go-to spot to find these things out in lieu of official correspondence.
- Tournament scores are visually incorrect in Lobby and in-match.
- Party Assist for Missions temporarily unavailable.
- Unintentional Carry or Shakedown on controller.
- In Split Screen, game freezes when leaving party.
- Meowscles' "Survive a fall" Challenge not always tracking progress.
- "Use Legacy Look Controls" will be removed from game.
- Difficulty picking up items with the Use button.
- Hit Indicators show wrong direction.
- Buildings and structures may appear low detail.
The Awaken Oro files are the other major update in Patch v12.21. While it looks very exciting, there is currently no release date.
Dataminer FortTory found these files, and we've got the lowdown on the challenges and rewards, which seem to come with the skin. Brb, just becoming a golden skeleton and getting nearly half a million experience points.
- Assist teammates with Eliminations (10) - 100,000XP
- Play a game with a friend (10) - 100,000XP
- Deal damage opponents (10) - 100,000XP
- Collect medals (40) - 100,000XP
Complete all these challenges to be rewarded with Oro's spear.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Fortnite page.