Fallout 76 is finally getting its fourth season of content after delays due to the heavy snowfall in Texas.
The "Locked and Loaded" update will introduce plenty for Wastelanders to enjoy and will mark the first content drop since publisher Bethesda was officially purchased by Microsoft.
While new Bethesda games are expected to be exclusive to Xbox and PC, Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox, has said that “we have games that exist on other platforms, and we’re going to go support those games on the platforms they’re on". As a result, you can expect Fallout 76 content to continue on PS4, too.
Still, four big content drops isn't bad for a game that Todd Howard admits "let a lot of people down" when it launched.
We'll be updating this story as more information becomes available, including patch notes and gameplay trailers.
- Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded Release Date
- Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded Contents
- Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded Seasonal Rewards
Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded Release Date
The update arrived on the PTS (Public Test Server) on March 12, but you can expect to play the full release next month on April 27th.
Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded Contents
Season 4 will be dubbed 'Locked and Loaded', and it'll introduce SPECIAL Loadouts and CAMP Slots, as per earlier roadmaps (although these were delayed due to extreme weather in Texas).
We'll update this more as we find out what else is included, a dev stream below shines a light on these new core features.
The previous "Move a Point" system is being swapped for wholesale setup changes through the SPECIAL loadout, which will let players change their character builds and playstyles on a much more regular basis.
Update: April 15
Bethesda announced an Armor Ace Scoreboard as part of Locked and Loaded.
The "Armor Ace in Cold Steel" Scoreboard sees Armor Ace and the Power Patrol head north to face off against the Yukon Five and Commissioner Chaos in single combat.
Armor Ace in Cold Steel goes live April 27, alongside Locked and Loaded
Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded Seasonal Rewards
Bethesda also announced a set of new rewards as part of the Armor Ace in Cold Steel Scoreboard event.
There are over 100 ranks, including many returning items, but here's a sampling of the new Locked and Loaded rewards you can expect:
- Mannequins – Flaunt some of your favorite outfits with a set of male and female Mannequins for your C.A.M.P.
- Power Armor – Align yourself with Commissioner Chaos by stepping into Yukon Five themed Power Armor paints.
- Weapon Skins – Strike fear into your foes with the Death’s Breath Flamer Skin. You’ll also be able to earn new paints for the Gatling Plasma, Lever Action Rifle, and more.
- C.A.M.P. Objects – Farm your very own Honey with the new Beehive. Then, dazzle your visitors with the Tree Branch Chandelier, new Wallpapers, Floors, and even a Gold Toilet!
- Nuka-Cola Collectron – With this new bot in your CAMP, you won’t need to spend any more time scavenging the Wasteland for a refreshing Nuka-Cola.
- Backpack Flairs – Show off your love for the Power Patrol by decorating your backpack with action figures of your favorite characters.
- Tadpole Badges – Fill your Tadpole Scout Sash with even more badges by ranking up, and then turn them in at a Pioneer Scouts Vending Machine to claim Scout-themed rewards.
- Sugar-Free Nukashine – All the benefits of everyone’s favorite party beverage, with none of the syrupy aftertaste (or sudden memory loss)!
- Rad Ant Weight Lager – Take a swig of this buffed up brew to carry an additional 50 pounds for 30 minutes.
There's even more in store for Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded.
Check out the full patch notes!