Diablo 3 narrates the story of the Nephalem, a warrior on a never-ending fight against the forces of the Burning Hell. While the demonic hordes coming from hell will present different shapes and forms, some of them are significantly stronger leaders in this hellish army, demanding a harder effort if you want to defeat them in battle. Today we will talk about the boss fight involving Vidian, Lord of Envy.
Who is Vidian in Diablo 3?
The Lord of Envy, Vidian is a demon who resides in the Temple of the Firstborn with his followers of the Blood Cult. Once one of Azmodan's Sin Lieutenants, he hated to obey his former master, and once the new Blood Cult formed within the Temple he became the leader, as they twisted the will of mortals and creatures alike. Posing as a human named Daivin, Vidian hides his own demonic nature from the Nephalem.
Where Is Vidian In Diablo 3
Vidian shows up as a boss battle at the end of the Temple of the Firstborn, within the Sanctum of Blood area, in the Adventure Mode of Diablo III. He will take on two forms, first as Daivin the Adventurer, an NPC that acts as a follower until The Excavation. Later, he will show up in his true form, and the fight will begin.
Read More: How to Get Kanai’s Cube In Diablo 3
How Do You Kill Vidian in Diablo 3?
Once the fight starts, Vidian will use the following moves in battle:
- Teleport: He will teleport at will.
- Energy Barrage: Vidian will cast an energy barrage that can kill you in one hit unless your character is moving.
- Favorites of Vidian: At 50% Life or lower, Vidian will summon numerous Favorites of Vidian, his demonic disciples.
- Blood Vermin: Every 25% of HP lost, he will summon a swarm of Blood Vermin.
- Illusions: At 66% and 33% Life, Vidian will divide into two illusions. These are very fragile but can inflict serious damage using Energy Barrage.
- Enrage: At 50% Life and lower Vidian will Enrage, dealing higher damage.
Vidian will be a hard battle, and yet not impossible if you keep hitting him as hard as you want. Don't waste your time in any summon he does, instead focus on him to end the fight as soon as possible, and you should be fine in no time.