Update on April 2: Updated a bug fix for console players related to Follower skills.
Unlike past seasons of the game, this new season, dubbed 'The Disciples of Sanctuary' will not have a theme. Instead, Season 23 will kickstart a brand new revamp of the games Follower system.
As per the Blizzard devs, "Players can now equip Followers with a total of 14 different item slots which include the Follower Relic Item, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Bracers, Belt, 2 Rings, Neck, Pants, Boots, main-hand weapon, and off-hand."
The new Season will also launch a new Follower feature called Emanate, which allows players to gain the intended effect of certain Legendary Powers and Set Bonuses when equipped on the hired Follower.
It'll sure make a nice change and it'll be interesting to know how it impacts some of the top tier builds for Necromancer, hunter and more classes.
For now though, let's focus on the important info, including the start date and new patch notes.
Season 23 Start Date
Season 23 will begin on April 2, at 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST) shortly after the next Diablo 3 update is released.
In the past, the developer has pushed out new updates for the Seasons at 5pm local time, regardless of where you live across the world.
So that means you can likely expect this new Season to kick off at 5pm in your time zone.
Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo 3, Patch 2.7.0.
The latest changes from the games PTR testing period can be found with annotations in RED.
Follower System Revamp: The Follower system for Diablo III has been revamped and will be made permanently available for Seasonal and Non-Seasonal play! Players can now equip Followers with a total of 14 different item slots which include the Follower Relic Item, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Bracers, Belt, 2 Rings, Neck, Pants, Boots, main-hand weapon, and off-hand. We're introducing a new Follower feature into Diablo III called Emanate, which allows the player to gain the intended effect of certain Legendary Powers and Set Bonuses when equipped on the hired Follower. The current list of items with Emanate capabilities are the following:
- Broken Crown
- Homing Pads
- Spaulders of Zakara
- Custerian Wristguards
- Nemesis Bracers
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Gloves of Worship
- Dovu Energy Trap
- Rakoff's Glass of Life
- Avarice Band
- Krede's Flame
- The Flavor of Time
- Sage's Journey (3-piece set bonus)
- Cain's Destiny (3-piece set bonus)
Follower Skills Revamp: Follower skills have been reworked to showcase new and updated skills. Check out the full update on the Follower skills below:
- Crippling Shot
- Ranged attack that deals 140% weapon damage and slows enemies hit by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Powered Shot
- Ranged attack that explodes on impact, dealing 120% weapon damage as Arcane to enemies within 10 yards and has a 100% chance to Stun enemies for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Whenever you or the Scoundrel land a Critical Hit, you both will go into hysterics, increasing all damage done by 3% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Increases Critical Hit Chance by 1.8% to 4% for you and the Scoundrel based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Multishot Passive
- Passive: The Scoundrel's special attacks have a 50% to 70% chance to fire 3 bolts based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- *Skill Rework - Vanish
- When you take fatal damage, the Scoundrel conceals you from enemies for 3 to 7 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity,allowing you to escape your death.
- *New Skill - Night's Veil
- The Scoundrel launches a cloud that covers a 20-yard area and lasts 2 to 4 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity. All attacks against enemies that are inside the cloud will be critical hits.
- *New Skill - Piercing Shot
- Ranged attack that pierces and increases damage done to enemies by 10% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- *Removed Skills - Dirty Fighting and Poison Bolts
- Heal and Loyalty
- These skills now scale based on the Templar’s Strength.
- Enemies that hit or are hit by the Templar are slowed by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar's Strength.
- Charges a target, dealing 280% weapon damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar's Strength.
- Intervene*Skill Rework - Onslaught
- Taunt enemies within 10 yards of you for 3 to 6 seconds based on Templar's strength when you are hit.
- Delivers a massive blow to an enemy for 800% weapon damage and causes the target and nearby enemies to take 10% increased damage for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar's Strength.
- *Skill Rework - Guardian
- When you take fatal damage, the Templar will rush to your aid, knocking back enemies within 15 yards, healing you for 15% to 25% life based on the Templar's Strength, and shielding you from all damage for 5 seconds.
- Conjures a pool of energy that deals 330% weapon damage as Arcane over 5 to 7 seconds based on the Enchantress's Intelligence. Affected enemies will also take 10% increased damage.
- Focused Mind
- A 40-yard aura that increases attack speed for you and the Enchantress by 3% to 6% based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- *Skill Rework (Renamed from Powered Armor) - Powered Shield
- Reduces damage by 6% from ranged attacks, increases Armor by 3%, and slows melee attackers by 60% for 3 to 6 seconds for you and the Enchantress based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- *New Skill - Temporal Pulse
- The Enchantress casts a guided orb that deals 150% weapon damage and slows enemies by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- *New Skill - Amplification
- Increases your highest static elemental bonus by 5% to 10% based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- *New Skill - Prophetic Harmony
- Reduce your skills’ Cooldowns by 5% to 10% based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- *New Skill - Fate's Lapse
- When you take fatal damage, the Enchantress empowers you to speed up your movement through time for 3 to 7 seconds to avoid death based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- *Removed Skills - Forceful Push, Mass Control, Disorient, and Missile Ward
Solo Leaderboards Update: Greater Rift solo leaderboards now contain additional filters to sort by. This update provides a total of 7 filters available per class.
- Class Sets
- No Class Set
- Overall (default filter)
- Teleport - Adjusted Wizard's Teleport animation speed.
- Land of the Dead - Invigoration skill rune now removes all resource costs.
- Rathma's Shield passive skill now has a 60-second cooldown
- Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set: Your permanent minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 0.50 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire.
- Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set: Your minions no longer take damage. You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 stacks.
- Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set: Each permanent active minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit by 500%, up to 9000%.
- Defiler Cuisses: Bone Spirit's damage is increased by 400% to 500% for every second it is active and will also freeze enemies on impact. Maximum of 5 seconds.
- New item* Bonds of C'Lena: Army of the Dead deals 75% to 100% increased damage or double this bonus against an active target of Command Skeletons.
- Firebird's Finery 2-Piece Set: Disintegrate Ignites enemies, causing them to take 3000% weapon damage per second until they die. When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60-second cooldown.
- Firebird's Finery 4-Piece Set: Casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 2% per stack. Stacks up to 50 times. You gain 80% damage reduction while maintaining Combustion stacks.
- Firebird's Finery 6-Piece Set: You gain 2000% increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.
- Gears of Dreadlands 6-Piece Set: Your primary skills deal 15,000% increased damage.
- The Ninth Cirri Satchel: Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450% to 600% increased damage. Hungering Arrow can only pierce up to 4 times.
- Gazing Demise: The damage of Spirit Barrage is increased by 100% to 150%. Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune that lasts twice as long, and the attack rate from Manitou spectres is increased.
- Blackthorne's Jousting Mail: Replaced one minor property with a random elemental damage affix.
Class Set Dungeon Update
- To account for the Necromancer redesign of the Bones of Rathma set, we have updated the objective to "Revive 100 Corpses" from the current "Raise 100 Skeletal Mages".
- Fixed an issue with the legacy version of Etched Sigil buffing unintended effects.
- Fixed an issue with the Follower's cheat death skills activating while the player had a Shield Pylon active.
- Fixed an issue where the Templar would sometimes stop following the player.
- Fixed Revive - Personal Army buff not persisting with Rathma's 4 piece bonus
- (Console) Fixed an issue with Follower skill cooldowns for Night's Veil (Scoundrel), Erosion (Enchantress), and Onslaught (Templar).